MEC salivary gland cancer (submandibular), newly diagnosed

Options
2»

Comments

• Kiev1996
    Kiev1996 Member Posts: 16
    Options

kiev, i'm so happy for your

kiev, i'm so happy for your good news!!!  cancer does have a way of making us upset.  i'm glad you are able to calm down and be pleased with the new report.  i hope you can be patient about the lip and i pray full movement comes back.  we all seem to have some side effect from tx.  i think that's a requirment of surviving cancer....lol.

God bless you,

dj

Thank you, Debbie!

Thank you, Debbie!

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Kiev1996 said:

Bill, yes, so true- you guys

Bill, yes, so true- you guys trully understand and know what to say!

Now I need to learn how not to see cancer in every ache and pain. This cancer thing is not only physical diease but also mental. Life is never the same again even when we try for it to be the same.

Kiev, don't expect NOT

Kiev, don't expect NOT thinking cancer to happen to quickly.  unfortunately, that fear hits us all.  i'm 3.5 yrs out now and I have finally stopped (only this year) thinking everything is cancer.....so, be patient and when something new pops up, try as you may, your first though will probably be, "its cancer", but luckily for us, it is usually nothing!!!  and you're right, life will never be the same, we must learn to accept our new "abi-normal" selves and remember the alternative..............so, celebrate today and remember you are a WARRIOR WHO WON THE BATTLE!!!

God bless you,

dj