NEED HELP

Hi everyone. I am feeling down as my mom's supposedly nodule removal from abdominal wall surgery was postponed as her PET Scan results showed multiple spots. The doctor told us that my mom has ran out of chemo options as she is KRAS. They recommended HIPEC surgery. I read a lot about this surgery but I could not make up my mind whether we would let get it or not. I heard that some people's lives got shortened after this procedure. My mom just turned 69 and I would really love for her to see her grandchild with me ( I just got married last year and hoping to conceive soon). I find myself crying again because of the fear of the unknown. I already about the procedures and other important stuffs about HIPEC. Can someone please share some insights about it. I would appreciate it a lot as thid would help my family to make a decision.

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    So very sorry to hear this

It is heartbreaking every time we hear that things are not going well. 

I am very sorry for your mum, and for you too. It is a struggle to konw what to do, some times. 

I hear that HIPEC is brutal. There are others here who have had it, some who have passed, but I remember at least one who is doing well. I think I know who, but hopefully they will post soon. 

I am happy to hear that you are newly wedded. I pray that you will concive that baby who will bring joy into your lives. I hope your mum is around for this grandbaby and others in the future. 

Keep us posted on what decision your mum makes. 

The forum has been running a little slow this past week or so. Hopefully someone who has experience with HIPEC will answer soon. 

P.S. This reminds me, one of our members, KIPPER had HIPEC on May 22nd. She was hoping to update, but I don't recall hearing from her. Hopefully she is well enough to post soon, as she would be able to answer some questions, for sure. 

Sue - Trubrit

• fighting_ big_c
    fighting_ big_c Member Posts: 64
    Trubrit said:

So very sorry to hear this

It is heartbreaking every time we hear that things are not going well. 

I am very sorry for your mum, and for you too. It is a struggle to konw what to do, some times. 

I hear that HIPEC is brutal. There are others here who have had it, some who have passed, but I remember at least one who is doing well. I think I know who, but hopefully they will post soon. 

I am happy to hear that you are newly wedded. I pray that you will concive that baby who will bring joy into your lives. I hope your mum is around for this grandbaby and others in the future. 

Keep us posted on what decision your mum makes. 

The forum has been running a little slow this past week or so. Hopefully someone who has experience with HIPEC will answer soon. 

P.S. This reminds me, one of our members, KIPPER had HIPEC on May 22nd. She was hoping to update, but I don't recall hearing from her. Hopefully she is well enough to post soon, as she would be able to answer some questions, for sure. 

Sue - Trubrit

Thanks Sue. I was hoping to

Thanks Sue. I was hoping to hear from Kipper as I read from the thread that she is the most current person undergoing this procedure. I will praying for us all.

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member

Thanks Sue. I was hoping to

Thanks Sue. I was hoping to hear from Kipper as I read from the thread that she is the most current person undergoing this procedure. I will praying for us all.

HIPEc is one of the few

HIPEc is one of the few proceedures I have not done. I heard it is brutal, but has been successful on some. I think your best bet is for you and your mom to see a HIPED surgeon for a consultation to help you decide.