Options
2»

Comments

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    Rogerwp said:

Thank you mmt the ringing can

Thank you mmt the ringing can be very annoying. I can block it sometimes. But I am still hoping it lessens and or stops. 

I have the ringing, too....

and so far (3 years out of treatment), it hasn't gone away.....however, I have gotten used to it to the point that I sometimes have to listen for it.  Mine is like white noise....it did drive me crazy at first.

They checked my ears last year, and I didn't have any hearing loss from the chemo....

p

• rcaulder
    rcaulder Member Posts: 70
    Options
    Prayers for you

Roger. I agree with others. Ativan or Xanax may help.You have a lot on your mind.  Do not worry about your upcoming test for your status. You will be NED. With faith you are healed. You made it through treatment. Doing that was a huge accomplishment. God has a way to get our attention sometimes. My wife the other night when I was at a low point, said, "look, the devil has you by the throat". It was a profound moment for me. I thought true, that liar will use anything to break you down. I then remembered Jesus defeated satan.  God has power over all flesh. I will pray for you.  If God takes some of your hearing, He will then give your eyes twice as much to see. But yes, you just need to take it a bit easier on yourself. You will be ok. When the ringing starts, walk outside and focus on a beautiful sunset, flower or tree. Use your eyes to overcome your ears. Don't let the devil snap you by the ear.

• Rogerwp
    Rogerwp Member Posts: 12
    Options
    rcaulder said:

Prayers for you

Roger. I agree with others. Ativan or Xanax may help.You have a lot on your mind.  Do not worry about your upcoming test for your status. You will be NED. With faith you are healed. You made it through treatment. Doing that was a huge accomplishment. God has a way to get our attention sometimes. My wife the other night when I was at a low point, said, "look, the devil has you by the throat". It was a profound moment for me. I thought true, that liar will use anything to break you down. I then remembered Jesus defeated satan.  God has power over all flesh. I will pray for you.  If God takes some of your hearing, He will then give your eyes twice as much to see. But yes, you just need to take it a bit easier on yourself. You will be ok. When the ringing starts, walk outside and focus on a beautiful sunset, flower or tree. Use your eyes to overcome your ears. Don't let the devil snap you by the ear.

Thank you. I keep busy and

Thank you. I keep busy and don't think about the ringing and a lot of times I don't know it's even happening. I found some people I know that have this problem and I never knew it and they have been telling me how they cope with it. It makes it easier when you know someone else is going thru the same thing.