1 yr still fighting

rkliveson
rkliveson Member Posts: 15
edited June 2015 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Hello Hello, it has been awhile since last posting. Must admit the last year is one I would rather not remember.  As you see I may look a bit different in the pic. It is funny how bad one can feel yet everyone around you tells you how good u look. I guess my new catagory is survivor at least so far.  The after effects of surgery and radiation have left me down. mouth only opens 10 mm. lost hearing in left ear, constant pain in face massive headache that never leaves ..etc etc.. but yes still here.. not sure that means as much as many make it out to be... hope the rest of you continue to fight & remember you do not fight alone.. we are all in this together..  reach out if ever need strength I will be here. (hopefully) RK

Comments

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    I completely understand how

I completely understand how you feel and why you feel that way.  I feel that way sometimes too.  I'm 3 yrs out now and it is easier and I have more good days than bad so hang in there.  I pray its gets a lot better for you.

God bless you,

dj

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Thanks for the update RK

The side effects can be brutal but they will get a little better I hope. Just one day at a time........

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    wmc said:

Thanks for the update RK

The side effects can be brutal but they will get a little better I hope. Just one day at a time........

RK

Good to see your post. You are right, lots of ups and downs.  We just have to take it as it comes and try to deal with it.

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi RK

Same here Jaw only opens 12mm teeth can’t brush them, pain in face on the left side mostly having to take pain meds daily for it, I can’t hear with out hearing aids and I have a very bad smell always coming out of my mouth.

Ops I left out that I eat with a PEG tube

But the good news is that we are both still alive

Tim