Mets to lungs anyone?

Options
MrsBob
MrsBob Member Posts: 77

Hi! 

Has anyone had mets to the lung, had a time of NED and then another mets to lung? Oh how i wish cypress Cynthia was here to talk to :(

I had mets to my lungs in 2013. Xeloda didn't work but Arimidex got rid of it. Last month my scan showed a bright spot on the lower part of my lung. My Onc wasn't worried and thinks it didn't "look" like cancer and maybe it will even be gone next time (3 months). I don't know what to think about it. Of course I'm worried, if it is cancer again then why was cancer allowed to grow this time while still on Arimidex?

Any advice? Words of wisdom?

Missy

Comments

• RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I can't help you here but

I can't help you here but someone else will be answering you very soon I am certain.

• cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    breastcancer.org is another

breastcancer.org is another wonderful site to use. Have you heard of it? They are totally devoted to breast cancer so the forums are divided up by breast cancer topics.

They have a forum totally devoted to those with Stage 4 cancer (https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8). I am sure that you will find a lot of support by many men and women who have and are going through what you are!

I hope you check the site out. There are many of us on CSN that use both websites!

I hope you find the help you are looking for and I wish you the best.

• MrsBob
    Options

breastcancer.org is another

breastcancer.org is another wonderful site to use. Have you heard of it? They are totally devoted to breast cancer so the forums are divided up by breast cancer topics.

They have a forum totally devoted to those with Stage 4 cancer (https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8). I am sure that you will find a lot of support by many men and women who have and are going through what you are!

I hope you check the site out. There are many of us on CSN that use both websites!

I hope you find the help you are looking for and I wish you the best.

Thank you :)

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    MrsBob said:

Hi Missy sorry to hear that Arimidex is not working well

Hi Missy sorry to hear that Arimidex is not working well as it has been, however we do not for sure untill your next scan. The fact that you doctor has been worrying s a very encouraging and optimistic sighn for me.You ahve been responding to antiestrogen therapy very well, however sometime we have to change therapy to make our fight more effective, There are a lot of other oral  antiestrogen pills and combo you might have to swith and shot (faslodex) to treat estrogen positive cancers, please discuss your options with your doctor at your next visit. 

Unfortunately for me, we have exhausted all antiestrogen meds and I have been on IV Chemo since April.

Good luck and keep us posted

Olga

• MrsBob
    Options

Hi Missy sorry to hear that Arimidex is not working well

Hi Missy sorry to hear that Arimidex is not working well as it has been, however we do not for sure untill your next scan. The fact that you doctor has been worrying s a very encouraging and optimistic sighn for me.You ahve been responding to antiestrogen therapy very well, however sometime we have to change therapy to make our fight more effective, There are a lot of other oral  antiestrogen pills and combo you might have to swith and shot (faslodex) to treat estrogen positive cancers, please discuss your options with your doctor at your next visit. 

Unfortunately for me, we have exhausted all antiestrogen meds and I have been on IV Chemo since April.

Good luck and keep us posted

Olga

Thank you for your reply,

Thank you for your reply, Olga.

How many years were you on antiestrogen meds before they quit working? I know everyone is different, but I would still like to know. Cypress Cynthia told me once that she was on Arimidex for 8 years before she had to switch. 

I'm still hopeful that my lungs will be clear again. And yes, I'm glad my Onc isn't worried :)

I tend to worry and wonder and drive myself crazy most days about anything wrong. Then when I am "cancer free" I worry about the what ifs. I have to keep myself busy so I don't think about any of it :)

Sorry to hear you are on IV chemo. Everyone says "there are so many drugs out there and so many coming out soon." It's never going to be enough until there's a cure. I hope you respond well to your treatment. There's always hope. 

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    MrsBob said:

Thank you for your reply,

Thank you for your reply, Olga.

How many years were you on antiestrogen meds before they quit working? I know everyone is different, but I would still like to know. Cypress Cynthia told me once that she was on Arimidex for 8 years before she had to switch. 

I'm still hopeful that my lungs will be clear again. And yes, I'm glad my Onc isn't worried :)

I tend to worry and wonder and drive myself crazy most days about anything wrong. Then when I am "cancer free" I worry about the what ifs. I have to keep myself busy so I don't think about any of it :)

Sorry to hear you are on IV chemo. Everyone says "there are so many drugs out there and so many coming out soon." It's never going to be enough until there's a cure. I hope you respond well to your treatment. There's always hope. 

MrsBob and Olga -

Thinking about you TWO --

Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way from ALL of US - Sisters in PINK

Vicki Sam

• Kats2
    Kats2 Member Posts: 126
    Options
    Antiestrogen meds.....

Hi Missy.....Just to let you know.....I was very Estrogen Positive....over 95%. and Arimidex, Tamoxifen and Faslodex didn't help much.....I'm now on Xeloda...I've taken it one week on and one week off......twice.....and my latest bloodwork showed my tumor markers going down....which means that my body is finally responding to a treatment!! I have Mets strictly to the bones.....The doctor said he was encouraged by my results........but like they say, "You're only as good as your latest blood test." I believe that. That's why I pray a lot.....and others are praying for me also.......My wish and hope is that this treatment works for a good long time.........If it doesn't, then some other drug...????? will be added to the Xeloda.....or I'll be on the IV chemo......OR enter a clinical trial......I don't even want to think that far ahead as I've just started with the Xeloda.........

Everyone's body composition is different and we respond in our own unique ways to different medicines.......Our Oncologists must try to put it all together and come up with the "right" combination to keep us as cancer-free as possible..............

It sounds like you've had good results with your doctor in the past......Trust that he/she will again help you out again.....Keep thinking, "I'm healed. I'm perfectly healthy." Thoughts like this can only do you good......We ALL need to think " I'm healing. Things are getting better and better. I am well."........It's hard......but we have to do it.......Right now I'm watching Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops Orchestra in Boston celebrating the 4th of July............It's very uplifting.....and it takes my mind OFF my current health problems.......We need to distract ourselves as much as possible.......and I definitely try to do this.......If we keep thinking of our situations then  our energy goes there and NOT in where it should be: in healing!! ........! Don't waste your energy on that....! They say that our thoughts are very  powerful.What you believe will occur.........Let's use our positive thoughts to get us well.........  

I'm, by nature, a worrier......Finally I said..."Enough!" Time to think Good Health.........Time to trust in a power higher than ourselves. Say a prayer before going to bed each night.....and leave things in God's hands. We don't have control over what's happening or what "will" happen to us.......

I wish you and all others who are dealing with this disease good progress. For some reason we were dealt these cards and must play our hands as best as we can........

Happy Fourth everyone.......! God Bless all of you........   Kats2