Potential plan forming

hippiechicks
hippiechicks Member Posts: 509 Member

After several meetings, tests, images and consults a new plan is forming for this latest recurrence. It is forming as, possible chemo while waiting for surgical date to be preformed in a few months (time needed to coordinate) during which a "shelf" will be made for my intestine to be lifted out of my pelvis made with a muscle in abdomen. Resect and IORT (yay... I am a candidate!) will be preformed at this time followed by proton beam therapy. All of this will happen as long as things have not progressed to peritoneum, in which case we will need to revamp the plan for IORT and discuss IP or HIPEC to treat that instead.

Oncologist tomorrow will discuss chemo options while we wait and plan in case of peritoneal spread has happened and just not showing on images. (Which as of PET today is NOT)

Comments

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    Onward...

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this recurrence.  It sounds like everyone is looking at the best possible treatment.  I'm glad you are open to new options and hope you can move forward and kick this crap out of you again.

Linda