Implants

Options
gshivers
gshivers Member Posts: 6

It's time for tissue Expander exchange for implants. 

Implants over muscle or under muscle? Con & Pros

Comments

• Lilly9
    Lilly9 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Mine are over  -  I didn't

Mine are over  -  I didn't have much choice in the matter    But I'm good with it

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Didn't know there was a choice

I had mine put in under the muscle (or more correctly between the major and minor pectoral muscles). As I understand it a pocket is made between these muscles via the expanders and that is what keeps the implant in place. I would be interested in hearing how one on top of the muscles would work. 

If it helps you I am very pleased with my implants. While dressed you can't tell anything is amiss. The implants are much more comfortable than the expanders for me.

Clementine

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    checking back in to see how

checking back in to see how things are going

Denise

• Lilly9
    Lilly9 Member Posts: 155
    Options

checking back in to see how

checking back in to see how things are going

Denise

The implant is placed between

The implant is placed between the chest muscle and the breast tissue  - that's "over the muscle"

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Lilly9 said:

The implant is placed between

The implant is placed between the chest muscle and the breast tissue  - that's "over the muscle"

Thanks Lilly

I guess that makes sense but in my case I don't have any breast tissue left.  It was removed during the double mastectomy.

Best,

Clementine

• kjana
    kjana Member Posts: 30
    Options

Thanks Lilly

I guess that makes sense but in my case I don't have any breast tissue left.  It was removed during the double mastectomy.

Best,

Clementine

i had both remived and my

i had both remived and my plastic surgeon says he will decide whether he wil pt them under muscle or under skin (i have no breast tissue), wil decide during sirgery