FEELING SUPER ALONE IN ALL OF THIS!!!!!

Options
christald21
christald21 Member Posts: 55
edited June 2015 in Breast Cancer #1

I just need to find some people who are going through the same thing to talk to.   This is ridiculous!  I just started chemo this past Monday. I am having a hard time with nausea and other worrieS I have no one to talk to.   My nurse just keeps on adding mor prescriptions to take!   I wish I could get in a group to share feelings and ideas.   I just feel so darn alone.  Someone help! 

Comments

• Desmonds1
    Desmonds1 Member Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are going through

Sorry you are going through this-

you have found a great site with lots of support and advice-

you could also ask your nurse if she knows of a live support group in your area-

sending you hugs and positive energy-

Susan

• yamster34
    yamster34 Member Posts: 75
    Options
    The American Cancer Society

The American Cancer Society website has a list of resources and support groups.

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    yamster34 said:

The American Cancer Society

The American Cancer Society website has a list of resources and support groups.

1-800-227-2345 number for

1-800-227-2345 number for the ACS ```  The number of services you get from them is tremendous...transportation, financial help with rent or food or ???, moral support, as well as support groups.

Vicki Sam

• MrsBob
    MrsBob Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi! Thinking of you and

Hi! Thinking of you and hoping you will get the support you need. I know how frustrating and scary it can be. Sometimes we even have support and still feel alone. I get easily discouraged if I dont have the answers I need, or if i have symptoms that cant be explained or helped. Keep looking and keep asking. You definately would benefit from a local support group.

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Hi Christal

You have come to the right place to find others who totally understand.  During my chemo/radiation I found a Support Group at a local hospital.... I know that lots of groups are out there and if you seek them you will find them.  This site also has a ChatRoom...but everytime I've tried it ...nobody else was there.  oh well.    One thing that would help us to relate is if you fill out your home page and tell us about yourself a little bit.  Most of us who have been here awhile have done that and it helps others to know more which helps us understand what kind of BC we each have and what has happened etc.  You are not alone Christal ....we all know what this is like for sure.   Hang in there...keep posting and sharing please.    Prayers for Answers ... and for Strength & Courage.   Glo

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    GlowMore said:

Hi Christal

You have come to the right place to find others who totally understand.  During my chemo/radiation I found a Support Group at a local hospital.... I know that lots of groups are out there and if you seek them you will find them.  This site also has a ChatRoom...but everytime I've tried it ...nobody else was there.  oh well.    One thing that would help us to relate is if you fill out your home page and tell us about yourself a little bit.  Most of us who have been here awhile have done that and it helps others to know more which helps us understand what kind of BC we each have and what has happened etc.  You are not alone Christal ....we all know what this is like for sure.   Hang in there...keep posting and sharing please.    Prayers for Answers ... and for Strength & Courage.   Glo

chat room

There are several people that are in the chat room regularly, but you'll find them there in the evening, like 10pm central time.

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Have you checked you cancer

Have you checked you cancer center (local) they may  have support groups, therpaist, socal workers etc.

I used a journal-at the start i thought it was stupid, but in hindsight it was helpful.

Sorry you are goiong through this.

Denise

• Lilly9
    Lilly9 Member Posts: 155
    Options

Have you checked you cancer

Have you checked you cancer center (local) they may  have support groups, therpaist, socal workers etc.

I used a journal-at the start i thought it was stupid, but in hindsight it was helpful.

Sorry you are goiong through this.

Denise

Your oncologist office should

Your oncologist office should have information for resources in your area.   The others have offered great advice as well.  Hang in there.  It feels like no one understands and untilt hey walk in those shoes they might not.  People care - lots of good people and good advice on this site.   Hang in there.

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    We are such a group, dearheart!

.....and some of us (me included) have gone through treatment, and are living to tell about it!

Ten years and counting for me!

Hugs, Kathi

• Nancy2
    Nancy2 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Alone

Hi Christa,

I was diagnosed with IDC and started chemo on Monday too.  I agree, I feel alone.  This has been the longest week of my life.  I can not seem to get on top of my changing reactions to the chemo I was given and can not picture doing this another 17 weeks, but I keep telling myself one day at a time.

Christa you are not alone, it just feels that way.  Everyone mentions support groups, but I have not been able to leave the house.  I have signed up for one and have a goal of attending.  At he moment, I am just trying to find something I can eat or drink.

Take care

• yamster34
    yamster34 Member Posts: 75
    Options
    Nancy2 said:

Alone

Hi Christa,

I was diagnosed with IDC and started chemo on Monday too.  I agree, I feel alone.  This has been the longest week of my life.  I can not seem to get on top of my changing reactions to the chemo I was given and can not picture doing this another 17 weeks, but I keep telling myself one day at a time.

Christa you are not alone, it just feels that way.  Everyone mentions support groups, but I have not been able to leave the house.  I have signed up for one and have a goal of attending.  At he moment, I am just trying to find something I can eat or drink.

Take care

Nancy,
    I am sorry chemo is so

Nancy,

I am sorry chemo is so hard on you. Only you can decide what is best for you. I have not gotten surgery, chemo or radiaion, which makes my quality of life much better. A Hospice nurse comes to see me once a week. I was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer that spread to my liver and spleen more than 9 months ago. I look and feel much better than I did at the time I was diagnosed. The doctor that diagnosed me seemed to think I should be prepared to die almost immediately. I decided that if the doctor had written me off, only a miracle from God could save me. Plus, only God knows when any of us will die. I have gotten myself on as may prayer chains as possible.

Prayers are beine answered though. This may not be for everyone, but it is working well for me! As for not being up to going to support groups, I would guess there are a lot of people that feel like that after treatment. I pray that it gets much better for you.

Prayers and best wishes,

Amy

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    I finally found a good support group
    At our community cancer wellness house. We are.really a diverse group of people, all kinds of cancer, s poo me in treatment some not, some come sick from chemo or exhausted from rad' s but overall we all understand. Sometimes we have the whining Willies, some come feeling alone then leave with new friends who are.in the same boat. We even give each overrides sometimes if we do not have a way to get there.
    I was so hesitant, but found this as a great.place to share ups and downs, help each other, then when I am with my non cancer friends and family who don't want to, or can't handle where I am in my journey, I know that I have an outlet for my feelings.with those who do understand. Takes.pressure off friends and family who don't know how to deal with it.
    Worth a try. This online is also a great support! W here else can you vent or chat at 4am with it h ere cancer people! We are.a.great.group, and this site helped so much over the last 4+ years. I honestly feel some of them would be my friends even without cancer. I feel so much love and support when I have gone thru some of my hardest times.
    Hugs and welcome!
    Camul
  • kjana
    kjana Member Posts: 30
    Options
    i understand, went through

i understand, went through hard moments with no support and it is not getting better, it is actually getting worse because he longer the teratment, the less people support

• kjana
    kjana Member Posts: 30
    Options
    camul said:

I finally found a good support group
    At our community cancer wellness house. We are.really a diverse group of people, all kinds of cancer, s poo me in treatment some not, some come sick from chemo or exhausted from rad' s but overall we all understand. Sometimes we have the whining Willies, some come feeling alone then leave with new friends who are.in the same boat. We even give each overrides sometimes if we do not have a way to get there.
    I was so hesitant, but found this as a great.place to share ups and downs, help each other, then when I am with my non cancer friends and family who don't want to, or can't handle where I am in my journey, I know that I have an outlet for my feelings.with those who do understand. Takes.pressure off friends and family who don't know how to deal with it.
    Worth a try. This online is also a great support! W here else can you vent or chat at 4am with it h ere cancer people! We are.a.great.group, and this site helped so much over the last 4+ years. I honestly feel some of them would be my friends even without cancer. I feel so much love and support when I have gone thru some of my hardest times.
    Hugs and welcome!
    Camul

it is greta to hear there are

it is greta to hear there are helpful groups, maybe one day i will find some help too. online is also good and this is good because o can find online forums like this.