Tribute

DD3
DD3 Member Posts: 136 Member

I understand some folks feel offended or put off by tattoos in general.  However, I felt to post this with a small story behind it.  My youngest son (who is in the Army) has a very close and special relationship with his Mom (my wife) who is a CRC survivor.  He was devistated by her diagnosis 3 years ago as was the rest of our family.  The hardest thing as a father I have ever dealt with was him crying in my arms asking if "mom was going to die."  Anyways, he wanted to get a tattoo here recently.  My only advice was "make sure it means something to you, whatever that may be."  I had no idea what he was getting a tat of, this is what he got done. A tribute for his Mom. Not the greatest picture, I really need to upgrade my phone.  Lol.  Please don't judge if you are offended by tattoos. 

Comments

• sflgirl
    sflgirl Member Posts: 220 Member
    Very touching

i think it's awesome and what special son you and your wife have.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member
    A good son

What a good man, to have this tattoo to honour his mother. 

Give him a hug from me. 

Sue - Trubrit

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    That's totally cool.

That's totally cool.

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    That's awesome!

And are people really still offended by tattoos, in this day and age?  Practically every middle-aged woman I know has one.  It's gotten so common even I've been considering one, and I am the least edgy person around.

Anyway, I think that's very sweet, and shows a son's love for his mom.

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    It's great

I have tattoos and my kids and I all want to get the same one in solidarity.  We just haven't designed it yet. You're right, they have to mean something to you. Cancer is a perfect time for one, a life changing experience you commemorate. Nice tat!

Easyflip/Richard