Tumor on Liver

dreamweaver52
dreamweaver52 Member Posts: 3

Hi all I'm in need of information on what I should do. I was going every 6 months for CT scan on Pancreas because I have a Aneurysm on it. Well this last scan I had in late December show a Tumor on the Liver. So I was sent to a Oncologist to have it looked at. Well he sent me to have a  MRI done I asked if he was going to do a biopsy. He said it wasn't necessary he was confident its benine. So he said lets watch it and see if any changes happen. I said ok. Well that was in late Jan of 2015.

By late March I noticed that I started to have pain in the area and felt full after just eatting a little bit of food. Also my right shoulder blade and middle of my back has been hurting quite a bit. I have been sick to my stomach a lot and my bowls have been so messed up. This is June now and the pain is everyday and so are the other symptoms. What should I do I feel like something is wrong I feel very ill and fatigued. I need help any info you could possible give me would help so much to give me peace of mind. Thank you all for your help. 

Comments

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    First of all, I am so sorry

First of all, I am so sorry you are going through all this. You must be so concerned and scared huh?

All I can say is call your Oncologist ASAP. Does any doctor know you are experiencing all these changes?

Let us know how you are doing. You are not alone hon.

Sending you healing thoughts and a gentle hug,

Jan

• dreamweaver52
    Jan4you said:

First of all, I am so sorry

First of all, I am so sorry you are going through all this. You must be so concerned and scared huh?

All I can say is call your Oncologist ASAP. Does any doctor know you are experiencing all these changes?

Let us know how you are doing. You are not alone hon.

Sending you healing thoughts and a gentle hug,

Jan

Liver Tumor

Jan thank you so much for responding. I called my oncologist  and they said the next app available is in July 17th. Well I plan on calling National Cancer Center, or American Liver Foundation to get names of docs for a second opinon. I will keep you posted. Thanks again for your responce it is very appreciated. 

Tina 

• Jan4you

Liver Tumor

Jan thank you so much for responding. I called my oncologist  and they said the next app available is in July 17th. Well I plan on calling National Cancer Center, or American Liver Foundation to get names of docs for a second opinon. I will keep you posted. Thanks again for your responce it is very appreciated. 

Tina 

Nice to hear from you, Tina.

Nice to hear from you, Tina. I am actually a survivor of kidney cancer, but came on the liver site due to my neice being recently diagnosed with liver cancer.

You told them about all your symptoms, and they gave you an appointment 6 weeks from now? Did you talk to the doctor's nurse or PA, or just the receptionist?

I would insist on talking to the PA or RN and see if they cannot get you in ASAP. Geezlouize.

Let us know ok?

Hugs, Jan

• dreamweaver52
    Jan4you said:

Nice to hear from you, Tina.

Nice to hear from you, Tina. I am actually a survivor of kidney cancer, but came on the liver site due to my neice being recently diagnosed with liver cancer.

You told them about all your symptoms, and they gave you an appointment 6 weeks from now? Did you talk to the doctor's nurse or PA, or just the receptionist?

I would insist on talking to the PA or RN and see if they cannot get you in ASAP. Geezlouize.

Let us know ok?

Hugs, Jan

Tumor

Jan I just talked to the Receptionist, that is who I have only been talking to as far as getting another appointment set up. I have been going to the Markey Cancer Center. Well I called the Cancer center of America and they said were I was going was top notch place for treating Cancer as far as they knew that was a good place to be. I just feel like a number instead of a person there. So I will have to wait and see for now if it does get worse I will give them a call again. My husband is very concerend as am I but new to all this and have problems with questioning docs opionion I suppose I will keep in touch. Thanks again Jan I pray your neice will have a full recovery and they find a cure for her and others that are dealing Cancer. I too have dealth with this type of Cancer in my family. My aunt had died 2 years ago of Liver Cancer wow did she suffer. Her liver was huge and fluid would build up so bad wow I pray I wont have to go through what I seen her go through it was terrible to see her suffer. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me may the Lord bless you always. 

Tina 

• Jan4you

Tumor

Jan I just talked to the Receptionist, that is who I have only been talking to as far as getting another appointment set up. I have been going to the Markey Cancer Center. Well I called the Cancer center of America and they said were I was going was top notch place for treating Cancer as far as they knew that was a good place to be. I just feel like a number instead of a person there. So I will have to wait and see for now if it does get worse I will give them a call again. My husband is very concerend as am I but new to all this and have problems with questioning docs opionion I suppose I will keep in touch. Thanks again Jan I pray your neice will have a full recovery and they find a cure for her and others that are dealing Cancer. I too have dealth with this type of Cancer in my family. My aunt had died 2 years ago of Liver Cancer wow did she suffer. Her liver was huge and fluid would build up so bad wow I pray I wont have to go through what I seen her go through it was terrible to see her suffer. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me may the Lord bless you always. 

Tina 

Tina, i hope i am not coming

Tina, i hope i am not coming across as intrusive, but please call back and ask to speak to your oncologist's nurse or PA. Let them know the changes since March and the PAIN. ALL doctors, even Dentists are obliged to treat pain ASAP, but especially with a cancer history. Please call.

Here's my email if you like, but identify in the heading you are from here ok?

mjan2@sbcglobal.net

Again, CALL okay hon?

Hugs, Jan

• yamster34
    yamster34 Member Posts: 75
    Tima, I am 44 years old and

Tima, I am 44 years old and was diagnosed with  stage 4 ovarian cancer that spread to my liver and spleen. I have not had anything surgically removed or had chemotherapy or radiation at all. I did get a PluerX Catheter put in my stomach to remove the fluid. The surgery for that caused excrutiating pain for the first 48-72 hours when I used my abdominal muscles. Now I am thankful to have it. My husband helps me drain the fluid at home and he reminds me to drain so it does not get out of control. My hospice nurse drops off drainage supplies once a week. I am still alive and well even though the doctor seemed to indicate that I should make plans to die when he diagnosed me more than 9 months ago. I hope this gives you some peace about draining.

Prayers and best wishes,

Amy