Headaches on Votrient

Covey_748
Covey_748 Member Posts: 7

Just wondering, has anyone had really bad headaches while on Votrient?  I just started my third month on Votrient and I have had bad headaches for like a day and a half.  I take tylenol but that does not seem to do much.  I am just curious if someone else has had them and has come up with anything good to combat them.  Thanks.

Comments

• Yeric
    Yeric Member Posts: 65
    Headaches

I delt with the headaches with ibuprofen.  After a couple of weeks they went away.  I hope you have the same luck I did.     

• Phredswife
    Phredswife Member Posts: 162
    Be careful with ibuprofen.

Be careful with ibuprofen. Its not a good idea to take it with one kidney. They gave it to my husband last time he went to hospital for back pain in er and then apologised when I pointed out their mistake.

• Yeric
    Yeric Member Posts: 65

Be careful with ibuprofen.

Be careful with ibuprofen. Its not a good idea to take it with one kidney. They gave it to my husband last time he went to hospital for back pain in er and then apologised when I pointed out their mistake.

opps

I sit corrected.  Thank you. 

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Yeric said:

Headaches

I delt with the headaches with ibuprofen.  After a couple of weeks they went away.  I hope you have the same luck I did.     

Ibuprofen

How dangerous with one kidney? Ive been taking it and acetaminophen for joint pain. What about vicodin?

• Phredswife

Ibuprofen

How dangerous with one kidney? Ive been taking it and acetaminophen for joint pain. What about vicodin?

Hi Footstomper. I'm no

Hi Footstomper. I'm no expert, I forget more than I remember, but it can negatively effect kidney function as with other nsaids. Not sure about vicodin. I just tried googling and it also said some antibiotics aren't good. Hubby takes codeine occasionally for bad backpain now. I always get our gp to check if whatever he is prescribing Greg is ok now.

• Phredswife

Hi Footstomper. I'm no

Hi Footstomper. I'm no expert, I forget more than I remember, but it can negatively effect kidney function as with other nsaids. Not sure about vicodin. I just tried googling and it also said some antibiotics aren't good. Hubby takes codeine occasionally for bad backpain now. I always get our gp to check if whatever he is prescribing Greg is ok now.

Another post on csn regarding nsaids

Just found an interesting post that Nanosecond replied to re aspirin and kidney function and Nsaids.He's way more brainy than me!! Put aspirin in keyword at the top of your csn kidney page. Think it was called why is aspirin bad for the kidney or something like that. Smile 

Hope you can find something to help with your headaches soon Covey

• Covey_748
    Covey_748 Member Posts: 7

Ibuprofen

Thanks I will talk to my dr

Thanks I will talk to my dr about the vicodin!

• angelsnls
    angelsnls Member Posts: 67
    headaches

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, been away in hospital for two weeks. I would like to say I had the same and it felt like my head was going to explode, drs said it was my blood pressure, it rocketed up to 214/114 so I was started on BP meds which have helped. Secondly I have also been told ibuprofen is not goo for your kidney.

Wishing you well

Angela x

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    Headaches can mean high blood

Headaches can mean high blood pressure. Which, is very common on Votrient. You need to go to the doc asap and have it checked. Actually, it is a good sign if your pressure goes up, in the past it has been noted that it can be a sign that the drug is working.  Keep having your pressure checked until you find the right dosage.  My mom had to be put on two high blood pressure meds to get hers worked out.  Be sure to keep on top of it. Also, search the boards here for a link on Votrient side affects.  There is a lot of information that can help you.  Votrient/Pazopanib might help as well in the search... All my best! XXOO

• Time2luv
    Time2luv Member Posts: 49
    Dr has me on Tramadol for

Dr has me on Tramadol for headaches and pain. Much better for kidney.