Wondering about luv4lacrosse...update - RIP Mike

Options
2»

Comments

• lorig01
    lorig01 Member Posts: 83
    Options
    Sorry to read this

He fought a good battle. Sorry to see that he passed.

• Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Greg53 said:

Mike Kraus - RIP

All:

Reluctantly after reading this post I checked our local newspaper (St. Louis) for the past couple of months.  Unfortunately Mike passed away in March of this year. 

I know Mike was greatly admired on this site, for his toughness and compassion.  Luckily for me I was able to see this firsthand as Mike and I met on a regular basis while he was living in St. Louis.   Early in our recovery (I was about 6 months ahead of him) we would meet for coffee and as we both progressed, we would catch a Cards or Blues game.  Wouldn't watch much of the game as we were BS'ing about the site or life in general.  Mike was 8 years younger than me but our lives paralleled greatly, growing up in the same rough neighborhood, living very close to one another as adults and being in a similar professions.  Mike gave me a lot of advice over that time period.  Simply put, he was a great guy and an awesome friend. 

Mike (FNC) - Rest in Peace, My Friend

Greg

A True Warrior

I haven't checked in for quite a while and this is what greets me. Mike had one of the toughest fights of us all, and he never gave up hope. I can only wish I will be as strong as he was when facing the same odds. Mike was always an inspiration for me and will continue to be. Tough loss for the good guys.

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Greg53 said:

Mike Kraus - RIP

All:

Reluctantly after reading this post I checked our local newspaper (St. Louis) for the past couple of months.  Unfortunately Mike passed away in March of this year. 

I know Mike was greatly admired on this site, for his toughness and compassion.  Luckily for me I was able to see this firsthand as Mike and I met on a regular basis while he was living in St. Louis.   Early in our recovery (I was about 6 months ahead of him) we would meet for coffee and as we both progressed, we would catch a Cards or Blues game.  Wouldn't watch much of the game as we were BS'ing about the site or life in general.  Mike was 8 years younger than me but our lives paralleled greatly, growing up in the same rough neighborhood, living very close to one another as adults and being in a similar professions.  Mike gave me a lot of advice over that time period.  Simply put, he was a great guy and an awesome friend. 

Greg

this really makes me sad. 

this really makes me sad.  Mike was an awesome person and had an outstanding attitude no matter what he was going through.  Prayers for his family.

R.I.P. Mike,

dj

• katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    Options
    Greg53 said:

Mike Kraus - RIP

All:

Greg

No words...no words

Greg,

Thank you for letting us know.  Mike was a gentle soul on site here, giving many inspiration to continue  the battle.  It's hard for me to come on site and read these updates.  I know for some, it comes with the territory.  I have no words to express my feelings.  He will be missed, RIP Mike.  Katie