O.T. heading camping friday-anyone else with plans for the long weekend?

Options
disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member

I am taking my 3 grandkids camping (ages 10,8 1) HOPE to have good weather...

Denise

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Not sure - we have

Not sure - we have reservations in the Primitive Campground area at a State Park - it's not as 'crowded' and is quieter than the 'full service' areas (usually) and we have plenty of gear and have quite a bit of back country camping experience so in a State Park - no 'prob'.  Years ago, I worked as a back country guide for an outfitter in the Pasayten Wilderness, Mt. Rainier and the Olympics so have experience with truly 'primative' camping, packing in and I don't walk in/carry my/our gear - 4 legs do that.

Our weather is still going crazy so who knows what will happen.  We are under Frost Warning tonight and Freeze Warning tomorrow night - so who knows what will happen?  Also snow again tomorrow.  I am seriously thinking about seeing if I can find a reservation that is 'indoor' (aka - motel) 'just in case'.  The older I get, the colder 'cold' gets.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan

• desertgirl947
    desertgirl947 Member Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I think you asked this last

I think you asked this last year.  Cool

We stay in town because my husband works at a place that is always VERY busy on Memorial Day Weekend.  A lot of his family lives within an hour of here, and so I know some of us will get together Monday.  Usually we celebrate my mo-in-law's birthday Memorial Day Sunday or Monday, but she has not been doing too well.  So, that may be postponed a week.  My husband loves to work on the landscaping and the garden, and so it is nice to just enjoy being home and making use of our outdoor space.  As you know, we NYers can't plant gardens much before now.

• morgamed
    morgamed Member Posts: 75
    Options

We stay in town because my husband works at a place that is always VERY busy on Memorial Day Weekend.  A lot of his family lives within an hour of here, and so I know some of us will get together Monday.  Usually we celebrate my mo-in-law's birthday Memorial Day Sunday or Monday, but she has not been doing too well.  So, that may be postponed a week.  My husband loves to work on the landscaping and the garden, and so it is nice to just enjoy being home and making use of our outdoor space.  As you know, we NYers can't plant gardens much before now.

headed for the lake

We rent a cabin each year at the same place.  I know the fishing is good and breakfast, lunch and dinner is always on the grill.  No cell phones.. no computers just good quality time with nature.   Only fireworks I'll see will be in my dreams as the frogs croke..

• disneyfan2008
    Options
    morgamed said:

headed for the lake

We rent a cabin each year at the same place.  I know the fishing is good and breakfast, lunch and dinner is always on the grill.  No cell phones.. no computers just good quality time with nature.   Only fireworks I'll see will be in my dreams as the frogs croke..

we camped in the same place

we camped in the same place for the past 25 yrs or so..and this year i chnaged it up.

I just love to plan camping / disney trips...I should be a travel agent. (maybe when I retire) lol

Denise

• disneyfan2008
    Options

Desert girl-you are probably

Desert girl-you are probably right...

OPS...I just love the start of camping season-I get excited..I am packed already for Friday am..

My husband is on call 24/7 2-3 wks a month-so I must plan way in advance to get away and off call (switch with someone)

we nromally go away July 4th weekend, but MY boss doesn't like me to take off then (I work for special ed school and our summer school starts July 1st)

Denise

• Lilly9
    Lilly9 Member Posts: 155
    Options

Desert girl-you are probably

Desert girl-you are probably right...

OPS...I just love the start of camping season-I get excited..I am packed already for Friday am..

My husband is on call 24/7 2-3 wks a month-so I must plan way in advance to get away and off call (switch with someone)

we nromally go away July 4th weekend, but MY boss doesn't like me to take off then (I work for special ed school and our summer school starts July 1st)

Denise

Looking forward to 3 nice

Looking forward to 3 nice days piddling in the yard, flowers & garden and relaxing & floating in the pool!

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Lilly9 said:

Looking forward to 3 nice

Looking forward to 3 nice days piddling in the yard, flowers & garden and relaxing & floating in the pool!

Happy for you Girls**

Very happy for all of you girls with your Holiday Plans.

We may go out to eat but mostly just plan to stay home ....  AND RELAX ...it was in the 90's here today and is supposed to cool off to the high 80s the rest of the week.   Cool  

Oh wait ...we did purchase a DVD of Wolf Hall today at Barnes & Noble so will probably watch that  ...  Smiles & Hugs **