Aromosin VS. Femara

Options
2»

Comments

• meschellejensen
    meschellejensen Member Posts: 117
    Options
    HapB

I am sorry to hear this!  The options for breast cancer treatment just suck.  We get to choose between bad and worse. 

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    HapB said:

Letrozole

I have been on Letrozole for about a month. About a week ago, my lower back started really hurting. Now, it is so bad that I can barely walk or get out of a chair. It hurts so much to even move my legs, so i cannot drive. I feel horrible!  I have also developed severe gastrointestinal problems.  I am stopping today to see if it getsmany better. I hadmto cancel my doctor appointment last week because I could not drive. I go in 2 days if i can get into the car. I just want to cry!  

cry all you want

Hap,

I feel the same way on the Amidex.  I dont think it for me.  I am seeing my doc next week and telling him, I am done with this.  This is not a quality of life I am living.

Hugs,

Annie

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    Options
    QOL

thanks Mesch and Annie,

I really want to be able to do an Aromatase Inhibitor to lower my chances of recurrence, but I have to be able to move. My daughter was here this weekend and she was upset by how badly I look and the condition I am in. She is an only child and it weighs heavily on her that she is not here and able to care for me. She is an angel when she is here . She said enough is enough with this treatment. I told her I would stick with it as long as I could take care of myself. I go tomorrow for an infusion and willmsee about what my next move is. This is dreadful. 

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    HapB said:

QOL

thanks Mesch and Annie,

I really want to be able to do an Aromatase Inhibitor to lower my chances of recurrence, but I have to be able to move. My daughter was here this weekend and she was upset by how badly I look and the condition I am in. She is an only child and it weighs heavily on her that she is not here and able to care for me. She is an angel when she is here . She said enough is enough with this treatment. I told her I would stick with it as long as I could take care of myself. I go tomorrow for an infusion and willmsee about what my next move is. This is dreadful. 

prayers

We will all pray for ea. other.  If the doc cant find a new one with lesser side effects. it is done for me.  I will take my chance.  Being a cripple in constant pain is no way to live.

Hugs dear Hap, I hope you get better outcomes as well.

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    Options
    Annie

I appreciate prayers and will include you in mine. I pray everyday for a cure for this dreadful disease! I know that there is a cure out there! Sometimes I think the research is too splintered and that a more unified systemic approach to cancer treatment is what is needed. I just hope the cure comes soon enough for all of us! 

• Beepositive
    Beepositive Member Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    AMEN!

prayers and hugs to all

beepositive