Booklet on CA125 levels for info - from Foundation for Womens Cancer

Options

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link.  I get

Thanks for the link.  I get their emails too but this is the first time I had seen the booklet.  I know this talks about the CA125 regarding ovarian cancer but it is a marker used for some of the other gynecological cancers.

• Susan P
    Susan P Member Posts: 103
    Options

Thanks for the link.  I get

Thanks for the link.  I get their emails too but this is the first time I had seen the booklet.  I know this talks about the CA125 regarding ovarian cancer but it is a marker used for some of the other gynecological cancers.

Booklet infoionCA 125

Hi" no time:  I have been 
    NED for aboiut a year - and whave been very interested in knowledge & understanding duringthis joiurney & this info matchedA lkl I have learned frim here ~ google & my Doc

EVERYONE HERE SHOULD TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS ** UNDERSTANDING THIS IS SO IMPORTANT DURINGIOUR TX'S & FOLLOW- UP VISITS

Thanks for taking ther time to post & share this

Susan P  from Southern Alberta Canada & 
    tX & WY

• dylane
    dylane Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Susan P said:

Booklet infoionCA 125

Hi" no time:  I have been 
    NED for aboiut a year - and whave been very interested in knowledge & understanding duringthis joiurney & this info matchedA lkl I have learned frim here ~ google & my Doc

EVERYONE HERE SHOULD TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS ** UNDERSTANDING THIS IS SO IMPORTANT DURINGIOUR TX'S & FOLLOW- UP VISITS

Thanks for taking ther time to post & share this

Susan P  from Southern Alberta Canada & 
    tX & WY

ca125 brochure

great...that freaked me out even more now...my CA125 level went from 53 to 191 in 2 months, i have a cyst and pain and urgency to pee....my gyno rushing me into surgery now for june 26---everyone says on here....ohhhh don't worry, ca125 doesn't have to mean anything....but the brochure says elevated levels only occur in non-cancer patients less than 1% of the time!  not sure how I am going to sleep. sad..:-(

• NoTimeForCancer
    Options
    dylane said:

ca125 brochure

great...that freaked me out even more now...my CA125 level went from 53 to 191 in 2 months, i have a cyst and pain and urgency to pee....my gyno rushing me into surgery now for june 26---everyone says on here....ohhhh don't worry, ca125 doesn't have to mean anything....but the brochure says elevated levels only occur in non-cancer patients less than 1% of the time!  not sure how I am going to sleep. sad..:-(

dylane, it is ok to be

dylane, it is ok to be scared. Your doctor is responding - listening to you and your body - and that is the important thing here.  PLEASE try to be careful of reading statistics and things on the intranet.  Most of the information out there is OLD - believe me 2006 IS OLD!  You are a statistic of one and there are women here who show that every day.  The booklet is for those of us who want to know more about the disease we have, and one of the tools that the doctors use in monitoring.

I know when I first found this site during my treatment and some of the posts were not so good news I would skip over them and go to something else.

• dylane
    dylane Member Posts: 3
    Options

dylane, it is ok to be

dylane, it is ok to be scared. Your doctor is responding - listening to you and your body - and that is the important thing here.  PLEASE try to be careful of reading statistics and things on the intranet.  Most of the information out there is OLD - believe me 2006 IS OLD!  You are a statistic of one and there are women here who show that every day.  The booklet is for those of us who want to know more about the disease we have, and one of the tools that the doctors use in monitoring.

I know when I first found this site during my treatment and some of the posts were not so good news I would skip over them and go to something else.

thank you ....it's so easy to

thank you ....it's so easy to become disheartened reading so much doom and gloom.

• Kim T
    Kim T Member Posts: 4
    Options
    dylane said:

thank you ....it's so easy to

thank you ....it's so easy to become disheartened reading so much doom and gloom.

Take the good and stay strong

you have to focus on you, every person is differen. You are the driver of your destiny. We all are, some stronger some not so much because fear takes over us, don't let fear over come you and stay informed, ask several questions, readout take the good and not the statistics. Stay positive and eat well, stay healthy And focused on how to win! It's ok to crack once in a while, we are all humans... We do that. 

Positive thoughts, positive light within you. Find what keeps you happy and makes you smile

• NoTimeForCancer
    Options
    dylane said:

ca125 brochure

dylane, how are you doing? 

dylane, how are you doing?