My doctor is retiring

thaxter
thaxter Member Posts: 124

Just got a letter from my oncologist, Geoffrey Weiss at UVa, saying he is retiring July 1. They will send a follow up letter telling me who my new doc will be I guess. I did meet one other doc when I was in for IL-2 so maybe that will be him. 

I wonder if maybe Dr Weiss's reluctance to go for Nivolumab off label had something to do with his plans to leave.

maybe it is time to call Hans Hammer at Hopkins. It is a two hour trip but UVa is one hour.

Comments

• thaxter
    Dr Robert Dreicer

Seems to be the new guy at UVa specializing in genitourinary cancers. Just hired this year he was a chief of solid tumors at the Cleveland Clinic for nine years. Anyone with any info on him please respond

• sblairc
    sblairc Member Posts: 585 Member
    Interesting about the Nivolumab.

I haven't heard about that doctor but I know that there are people on here really happy with Hammers. 

Just curious, what was his rational for not going off lable with Nivolumab? That seems crazy. 

• thaxter
    sblairc said:

Interesting about the Nivolumab.

I haven't heard about that doctor but I know that there are people on here really happy with Hammers. 

Just curious, what was his rational for not going off lable with Nivolumab? That seems crazy. 

Seems like he wants to wait

Seems like he wants to wait for FDA approval.