Need help. I have lost all of my information

Trubrit
Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

I am so bummed.  I have been keeping the sad record of our friends on the forum, who have passed. I have even saved pictures of them. I go to my file today to sadly add our Craig, and the file is gone. I have searched and searched and tried to find a way of retrieving it, but it seems to have gone. Maybe a miracle will make it pop back up. 

I am keeping a record partly because I wil lbe composing our Memorial thread in May. 

Please, if you have saved any dates and names of our friends who have passed, I would appreicate if you could share them with me. 

I will also go back through the pages and see what I can find. 

I love computers, but I hate when this happens. I will be keeping a record in future both in a book and on the comptuer. 

Sue - Trubrit

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    partial that you did

Here is a partial list you did for Laz.

http://csn.cancer.org/node/289747

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    First Thing To Do Is Stop

Using the computer you had the file on.  Leave it as is (if you have other things to surf/post with).

Which computer are you using (Operating system).  When was the last time you saw (used) the fole?  There are some things to try (I use Macs more than PCs now, so I come from the angle more) and others may have suggestions to help also.

Not to say others may not step in, but figured if the file can be saved still :)

• Trubrit

partial that you did

Here is a partial list you did for Laz.

http://csn.cancer.org/node/289747

Thank you!

I had forgotten about the Thanksgiving list. Thank you so very much. 

I know we lost someone person in January and our dear Nana in February. 

Sue - Trubrit

• Trubrit
    NewHere said:

First Thing To Do Is Stop

Using the computer you had the file on.  Leave it as is (if you have other things to surf/post with).

Which computer are you using (Operating system).  When was the last time you saw (used) the fole?  There are some things to try (I use Macs more than PCs now, so I come from the angle more) and others may have suggestions to help also.

Not to say others may not step in, but figured if the file can be saved still :)

I use an Apple notebook.

I have iCloud and the info is usually on my iPad. 

I had my information in NOTES.  

If you can help, I would very much appreciate it.  I am NOT computer savy. 

Sue - Trubrit

• NewHere
    Trubrit said:

I use an Apple notebook.

I have iCloud and the info is usually on my iPad. 

I had my information in NOTES.  

If you can help, I would very much appreciate it.  I am NOT computer savy. 

Sue - Trubrit

Okay

Sort of stuff that can work. 

a.) One of the things is to check is to see if you have somehow set up different Notes sets.  I have done this with Caldenders/Notes etc.  Sometimes accidently.  So if you have more than one email account, you can save to one account and not see the Note.  So if I have NewHere@xyz.com and NewHere@abc.com and have it set up for both to have notes, note can get "lost."  (Though it does not sound like the case.)

b.)  Also, even if one email on the device that you are synching, you may have accidently deleted the Note but it was placed in a location which can be retrieved (such as Yahoo or Gmail sometimes).  If you have any other device hooked up to synch (computer or iPhone or iPod touch) shut the wi-fi and internet connection off right away so it does not synch on the off chance the Notes are on that device.

c.)  There are also ways to check to see if there are back-ups of the iPad to iCloud or your computer where the Notes may be still.  One approach (which is not the happiest since things get rolled back) is to restore the device from a version saved to iCloud.  I can walk you through those steps.  It depends how far back the last back-up was and whether the notes were still there.

d.)  Lastly, there is some software out there which claims to recover deleted notes from iPads and iPhone.  I have not used any of that particular software and would want to double check them. Hmmm, the app on the iTunes store is nothing more than web browser to outside site.

I have lost things before, so I have learned some of these things that hard way -  I have gotten a bit OCD about back-ups and other things.  I can give you some thoughts there also to help avoid some of this happening again for you.  

• Trubrit
    NewHere said:

Okay

Sort of stuff that can work. 

a.) One of the things is to check is to see if you have somehow set up different Notes sets.  I have done this with Caldenders/Notes etc.  Sometimes accidently.  So if you have more than one email account, you can save to one account and not see the Note.  So if I have NewHere@xyz.com and NewHere@abc.com and have it set up for both to have notes, note can get "lost."  (Though it does not sound like the case.)

b.)  Also, even if one email on the device that you are synching, you may have accidently deleted the Note but it was placed in a location which can be retrieved (such as Yahoo or Gmail sometimes).  If you have any other device hooked up to synch (computer or iPhone or iPod touch) shut the wi-fi and internet connection off right away so it does not synch on the off chance the Notes are on that device.

c.)  There are also ways to check to see if there are back-ups of the iPad to iCloud or your computer where the Notes may be still.  One approach (which is not the happiest since things get rolled back) is to restore the device from a version saved to iCloud.  I can walk you through those steps.  It depends how far back the last back-up was and whether the notes were still there.

d.)  Lastly, there is some software out there which claims to recover deleted notes from iPads and iPhone.  I have not used any of that particular software and would want to double check them. Hmmm, the app on the iTunes store is nothing more than web browser to outside site.

I have lost things before, so I have learned some of these things that hard way -  I have gotten a bit OCD about back-ups and other things.  I can give you some thoughts there also to help avoid some of this happening again for you.  

Thank you so very much.

I will give these things a whirl when I have a moment. 

I'll just have faith that I can get it back. Most of the information was in my post at Thanksgiving, but the pictures, I want those reminders of friends lost. 

I will let you know how it goes. 

Sue - Trubrit

• NewHere
    Trubrit said:

Thank you so very much.

I will give these things a whirl when I have a moment. 

I'll just have faith that I can get it back. Most of the information was in my post at Thanksgiving, but the pictures, I want those reminders of friends lost. 

I will let you know how it goes. 

Sue - Trubrit

Sounds Good

If you have any questions about it, just post or email if you like.  

• Yolllmbs
    Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member

Sue,

Ken bought Iexplorer from the app store.  It recovered even the deleted information in notes, texts etc. directly from our Ipads.  I don't know if it works on the Mac but it should work if you synced it with any of the Ipads or phones etc.

The ultimate computer non-geek,

Yolanda

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Trubrit said:

Thank you!

I had forgotten about the Thanksgiving list. Thank you so very much. 

I know we lost someone person in January and our dear Nana in February. 

Sue - Trubrit

Meowycats

Meowycats mom

http://csn.cancer.org/node/291314

i hate this list :(

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Yolllmbs said:

Sue,

Ken bought Iexplorer from the app store.  It recovered even the deleted information in notes, texts etc. directly from our Ipads.  I don't know if it works on the Mac but it should work if you synced it with any of the Ipads or phones etc.

The ultimate computer non-geek,

Yolanda

bless you all

oh my goodness....I see this thread and I just cannot think......golly gee whiz.....good work all of you....just sayin....if my computer isn't workin I am at a total loss......good work each and every one of you......

mags....ps all very best of good luck Sue