Burning/Metallic Sensation Like Injection For Scans

Options
NewHere
NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member

Got disconnected from pump for third session a couple of days ago.  Not too terrible, some tingling, cold sensisivity etc.  But something that has "sort of" been there is getting stronger.  Not quite heart burn, but more like that feeling when you get the injection for a scan where you get the metallic taste/sort of cold/off/air rush feeling inside.  But it is constant.  Feeling it now for a couple of days throughout my throat, sometimes in stomach and other areas in the abdomen.  Not horrible or horrific, yet enough to keep me a bit uncomfortable and a bit difficult to sleep.  

I am guessing it is something to do with the chemo, just wondering if there is anything to help with it.  Hoping it abates a bit as I move further from last disconnect.

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member
    Options
    Yep, yet another side effect

I never found anything to take the metallic taste away, so I just called it chemo mouth and lived with it. I believe it is the metals in the Oxaliplatin (that would be Platinum and the reason its so darn expensive), courising through your body, doing its job. 

Be sure an mention it when you see you Oncologist. It  was on my list each visit, though I don't think it'it lasted the whole of my treatmnet. 

Someone else here may know of a way to lessen the sensation. I personally didn't find one though. 

Sue - Trubrit

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Yep, yet another side effect

I never found anything to take the metallic taste away, so I just called it chemo mouth and lived with it. I believe it is the metals in the Oxaliplatin (that would be Platinum and the reason its so darn expensive), courising through your body, doing its job. 

Be sure an mention it when you see you Oncologist. It  was on my list each visit, though I don't think it'it lasted the whole of my treatmnet. 

Someone else here may know of a way to lessen the sensation. I personally didn't find one though. 

Sue - Trubrit

Thanks

Figured it was.  Seems just short of the full taste of the injections (the initial rush), and more just on the edge with the full blown feeling.

Today is shaping up to be sleeping more day.  Just woke up from a three hour nap an hour after waking up from sleeping.   Seems like Fridays (after Monday starts) things start getting a bit better and work through tired that day.  Looks to be working out by the Sunday following I am back to normal. It has only been three treatments so far, but if this is the pattern, it is fine by me.

You also gave me a good idea, I am now going to filter my blood and other things to mine residue Platinum.  Figure I can sell it to help offest some bills.  Will post announcments selling "geniuine" Rolex watches shortly Tongue Out