Stage 3 question

Options
2»

Comments

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Stage 3

I'm chiming in, even though I think you know already. I was Stage 3 for about 26 months before they found that mass in my adrenal gland. I didn't have the renal invasion, but I had the vascular invasion that made me Stage 3 (my tumor was just under 7 cm). You didn't mention your grade? I was grade 3, so higher risk.

Hope your scans turn out fine. You have a pretty good chance of them being fine. My understanding is that as time goes on, the chances get better. So good reasons to be optimistic.

Hugs,

Todd

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Options
    todd121 said:

Stage 3

I'm chiming in, even though I think you know already. I was Stage 3 for about 26 months before they found that mass in my adrenal gland. I didn't have the renal invasion, but I had the vascular invasion that made me Stage 3 (my tumor was just under 7 cm). You didn't mention your grade? I was grade 3, so higher risk.

Hope your scans turn out fine. You have a pretty good chance of them being fine. My understanding is that as time goes on, the chances get better. So good reasons to be optimistic.

Hugs,

Todd

stage 3 and scans

Jojo, I have no sense of anything bad coming up. Some say I have no sense at all. But I feel good about your future. FLY. Fox.

• tyjsbtn
    tyjsbtn Member Posts: 50
    Options
    JoJo, I don't post often but

JoJo, I don't post often but I do come on and lurk quite a bit.  I am Stage 3 Grade 4.  I had my full nephrectomy on 8/11/14.  My first scans in January were NED and I have my next set in July.  I completely understand the scanxiety (mine will start ramping up about mid June).  Try and keep positive thoughts in your head.  I just keeping telling myself that there is nothing to worry about until there is something to worry about.  At this time I do not have any treatments planned and I hope that it stays that way.  

Good luck to you. I will keep you in my thougts and prayers.

Telana

• GailN
    GailN Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    NED for past 3 years

Hi Jojo, I was stage 3a, grade 4 with a 5.8cm ccRCC and renal sinus, fat and segmental renal vein invasion plus necrosis. I had a nephrectomy Feb 2012 and have been NED for the past 3 years. There are a few contributors on the kidney cancer forum (Smart patients) with stage 3 who are NED at much longer times such as 5 years, 6 years, 7 years , 9 years, 15 years. There is a 30 to 50% chance of recurrence mostly occurring in first 2 to 3 years but then of course RCC can happen at any time but as time goes on then it is less likely.  Time is your friend because as time moves on, new treatments become available and also a better understanding of what makes RCC tick!   At each scan time, I have plan B ready to go (mental preparation only) and this makes me feel in control so that no matter what the scan outcome is I can enact my next step. .....Good luck with your scan results, statistics are on your side!!......regards

• Miashelle1
    Miashelle1 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Stage 3

Well 3a to be precise....

Hi jo Jo ....  I don't post often but read all the posts all the time. I am two years since my diagnosis with clear scans. Next one is in August. I go through stages when I forget about it then if I have tired times I worry about it. I work all the time and stay on the go all the time and don't sit at home for to long ... All this takes my mind of it. I remember reading your posts when Arnold was removed... 

I reckon it's a bit like a lottery ... No one knows if or when. hopefull never!

Michelle x

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your posts

Thanks for your posts everyone! It really helps a lot.

Gail, I like your plan B idea, as well as your "don't worry til you need to worry" mantra (I really could use a lesson or two on that for many reasons!)

Michelle - good to see you here again! I will try and keep busy to keep my mind off it. Arnold better realize he isn't welcome anymore!

I think this is a good time for a theme song here....how about Gloria Gaynor's "I will survive"...my ear worm song to Arnold...it kind of fits! lol

"It took all my strength not to fall apart
    Trying' without my mind to mend my broken heart
    I spent so many nights
    Feeling sorry for myself, how I cried
    But now I hold my head up high.
     Go on now, walk out the door
    Turn around now
    You're not welcome anymore
    You're the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye
    Think I'd might crumble
    Did you think I'd lay down and die?

No, not I, I will survive
    Long as I know how to love
    I know I'll stay alive
    I've got my life to live
    And all my love to give and I'll survive
    I, I, I will survive!"

LOL - now I feel MUCH better!

Foxy, Todd, Alan, Gail, Allochka, Dave, Sarah, Ginger, Brea, Foroush, Angela, b1 and Tim, Amy, Jan, Phredswife, sblair and Ree and Telana  - thank you!! I will start this week with a lighter heart and a big smile on my face!

Hugs

Jojo

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Hey, JoJo. I hope your scans

Hey, JoJo. I hope your scans went well.  Keep us posted!  XXOO Sending hugs your way! And, positive thoughts!

• cww71964
    cww71964 Member Posts: 97
    Options
    Stage 3

Hi,

I was Stage 3 with renal vein invasion. Tumor was 4cm, grade 2. left kidney removed 1/17/2011. I entered a trial and part of that was having scans every 3 months for the 1st year, then every 6 months. I just got the results of my last scan and it was NED, so 39 months down and many more to go.

Think positive and live life,

Wayne