disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member

WE start out our summer/spring camping-we take all the grankids-

Denise

Comments

• desertgirl947
    desertgirl947 Member Posts: 653 Member
    We Stay Local

My husband worls at one of those stores that sells plants, trees, flowers, and other yard and gardening supplies.  In our part of the USA, it is common to have to wait until the end of May to plant.  So, with the extra busyness of the season, everyone has to work at least that Saturday.  So, we stay local.  ALSO, this is usually the weekend closest to my mother-in-law's birthday, and so we have a celebration that Sunday afternoon.  (Lots of relatives live in the general area, and so we will have several generations at these events -- often 50-65 people.)

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member

We Stay Local

My husband worls at one of those stores that sells plants, trees, flowers, and other yard and gardening supplies.  In our part of the USA, it is common to have to wait until the end of May to plant.  So, with the extra busyness of the season, everyone has to work at least that Saturday.  So, we stay local.  ALSO, this is usually the weekend closest to my mother-in-law's birthday, and so we have a celebration that Sunday afternoon.  (Lots of relatives live in the general area, and so we will have several generations at these events -- often 50-65 people.)

?

What is the  O.T.  ?         Isn't Memorial Day May 25 th?      That is so far away I can't even think that far ahead ... ha ha   I'm thinking about the Kentucky Derby right now....FIRST SATURDAY IN MAY   Cool

• disneyfan2008
    GlowMore said:

?

What is the  O.T.  ?         Isn't Memorial Day May 25 th?      That is so far away I can't even think that far ahead ... ha ha   I'm thinking about the Kentucky Derby right now....FIRST SATURDAY IN MAY   Cool

glow more OT=OFF TOPIC I

glow more

OT=OFF TOPIC

I am a big planner-I reserve 3 camping trips and one disney Trip each year ONE year in advance. The places we do-if you don't book that far in advance you DON"T GET IT>

My husband is on call 3 wks of each month , so I must work around his ON CALL scheudle.

• Lilly9
    Lilly9 Member Posts: 155

glow more OT=OFF TOPIC I

glow more

OT=OFF TOPIC

I am a big planner-I reserve 3 camping trips and one disney Trip each year ONE year in advance. The places we do-if you don't book that far in advance you DON"T GET IT>

My husband is on call 3 wks of each month , so I must work around his ON CALL scheudle.

Awwww.........the Derby!  

Awwww.........the Derby!   Our fine city is gearing up for it - the big Thunder Over Louisville is Saturday!   Unfortunately with all this rain there will be some issues with the Ohio coming out of its banks!  I'm sure the 100,000+ will make the best of it though!

As for Memorial Weekend - I plan to be at home and be in my new POOL!   I finally convinced hubby that we really did need it - even if he did cave because of the Grands!  

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    GlowMore said:

?

THE Derby

May 2nd is Derby Day.  The Oaks (for fillys only but still prestigious) is the 1st.  (Preakness May 16; Belmont - June 6).  I have everything ready to make my mint juleps.  Actually I was fortunate enough to be able to be at the Downs in 1973 when Secretariat burned up the track.  I was up visiting some relatives and was invited to go with them and be in their private box.  So I was up high up and actually saw the run.  I did have to buy an 'appropriate dress and hat' to wear which I hated but worth it.  My GrandDad had run 3 colts in Derby's back in the late 1900's/early 1910's.  ( Operative word - ran but not good enough.)

Winyan - The Power Within 

Susan

• Rague

glow more OT=OFF TOPIC I

glow more

OT=OFF TOPIC

No plans yet

No plans yet.  hubby is supposed to be off for Memorial Day weekend as he is supposed to be off but never know for sure this far ahead.  We had several ideas of what we'll do IF we get to but nothing absolute yet.  Whatever it will involve fishing and being on the water, camping or staying in a motel - the weather will also determine a lot.  While unusual - snow/blizzard is still a possibility.  Also what might be going on fire wise.

Susan

• morgamed
    morgamed Member Posts: 75
    Rague said:

THE Derby

May 2nd is Derby Day.  The Oaks (for fillys only but still prestigious) is the 1st.  (Preakness May 16; Belmont - June 6).  I have everything ready to make my mint juleps.  Actually I was fortunate enough to be able to be at the Downs in 1973 when Secretariat burned up the track.  I was up visiting some relatives and was invited to go with them and be in their private box.  So I was up high up and actually saw the run.  I did have to buy an 'appropriate dress and hat' to wear which I hated but worth it.  My GrandDad had run 3 colts in Derby's back in the late 1900's/early 1910's.  ( Operative word - ran but not good enough.)

Susan

My own Derby

Off to the slot machines in Biloxi MS.  Dolphins playing in the harbor...and I have a the first week of May all to myself.  Memoral Day is spent with the BBQ and friends over for some catching up on what everyone was into over the holidays.  May is play month...and I can't WAIT!!!

• Rague
    morgamed said:

My own Derby

Off to the slot machines in Biloxi MS.  Dolphins playing in the harbor...and I have a the first week of May all to myself.  Memoral Day is spent with the BBQ and friends over for some catching up on what everyone was into over the holidays.  May is play month...and I can't WAIT!!!

If you like playing slots - I

If you like playing slots - I know it's further from you but you might like to think about coming to Deadwood (the historic/legendary 'gold town' in the Black Hills of Dakota) sometime.  Lots of 'things' to do in the area.  The first weekend of June, there is a VolksMarch at Crazy Horse Memorial that allows you to walk up and actually be on the arm of the carving.  Spectacular view from up there.  And then there is also the 'Famous/Infamous' Sturgis Motorcycle Rally first week of Aug.  Plus the slots at Deadwood.

Susan

• disneyfan2008
    wow...all sounds busy...

i

wow...all sounds busy...

i love reading these posts

• cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    Brian's paper making factory

Brian's paper making factory will be shut down on Memorial Day for maintence so we are going down on a bus to a Brewer's game with his co-workers and their families. I am hoping that my pain from my post-thoracotomy site can handle the baseball park's seating. I am thinking of bringing a pillow. I hope they let me bring it in.

It is neat to see what people have planned.Laughing

• GlowMore

Brian's paper making factory

Brian's paper making factory will be shut down on Memorial Day for maintence so we are going down on a bus to a Brewer's game with his co-workers and their families. I am hoping that my pain from my post-thoracotomy site can handle the baseball park's seating. I am thinking of bringing a pillow. I hope they let me bring it in.

It is neat to see what people have planned.Laughing

Thanks for explaining the O.T.

That O.T. really threw me too....thought maybe it was something to do an Old Post or something but didn't connect it.  Thanks *

Love all the good plans you all have....they all sound great.  I stopped making plans years ago and just sort of have things just happen now...........like today I had fun getting a Root Canal...no joke.   The only thing that got hurt was my bank account too and that was ok with me...Endodontist was so handsome  and had a charming accent (from Brazil) so it made it all easier to take.  HA

• disneyfan2008
    GlowMore said:

Thanks for explaining the O.T.

That O.T. really threw me too....thought maybe it was something to do an Old Post or something but didn't connect it.  Thanks *

Love all the good plans you all have....they all sound great.  I stopped making plans years ago and just sort of have things just happen now...........like today I had fun getting a Root Canal...no joke.   The only thing that got hurt was my bank account too and that was ok with me...Endodontist was so handsome  and had a charming accent (from Brazil) so it made it all easier to take.  HA

Glow more..

YOU are funny

Glow more..

YOU are funny

• GlowMore

Glow more..

YOU are funny

Glow more..

YOU are funny

Gotta...

You know we gotta laugh to keep from cryin'   Sealed