Skiffin Update

Options
Skiffin16
Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
edited April 2015 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Just wanted to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers for Shelley and myself most of last year..., that Whipple was a bear. But with the surgery in December, all is well to date, and hopefuly I'm done with everything health wise for another 30 years or so...

Gaining a few pounds back, enjoying life.., which includes fishing of course..., and my beautiful wife and life...

JG1-15

Above photo was Crappie (speckled perch) fishing on Lake Kissimmee this past Friday, April 3, 2015

BTW, i'm coming up on six years post Tx for STGIII Tonsils, HPV+.. Hang in there for you going through treatment, life can be great post...

One phrase I learned on the Whipple Warriors Forum...

NEGU = Never Ever Give Up...

John

Comments

• KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options
    good news

It is good to hear good news   If you are out fishing again, all is well.  we knew that you would be back to your abi normal self, just so sorry for how long it took.  Happy Easter to you and Shelley.

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    G’day John

Looking good my friend hopping to see you and Shelley in a few days.

Tim

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    update and beyond

One phrase I learned from you

phrase

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Glad you're doing better and back fishing.......

But what you are holding belongs in a fish tank, not on someones plate. But I am glad you'er back to not only feeling good but doing what you love, fishing. That wipple is one rough go, but you whipped it too.

Bill

• Skiffin16
    Options
    wmc said:

Glad you're doing better and back fishing.......

But what you are holding belongs in a fish tank, not on someones plate. But I am glad you'er back to not only feeling good but doing what you love, fishing. That wipple is one rough go, but you whipped it too.

Bill

Thanks...

I did put them all in a fish tank Bill....

Oh, wait.., that was my livewell..., kinda like a fish tank, until they get an ice cold bath.., followed by a warm sizzling sauna. Tongue Out

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Thanks...

I did put them all in a fish tank Bill....

Oh, wait.., that was my livewell..., kinda like a fish tank, until they get an ice cold bath.., followed by a warm sizzling sauna. Tongue Out

Blessings

So good to see your smiling face next to a Spec. You are not just a fighter, you are a fisherman and encourager. Blessings to you and your mate.

Debbie

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    The sign..

Been waiting for this pic. fish in hand woth thousand words. Congrats and welcome back.

• cureitall66
    cureitall66 Member Posts: 913
    Options
    Holy Crappie.....

Nice to see you back at it buddy! Miss talking to you....but, I know you've had a lot on your plate lately. Let's turn that plate into a fish platter now!

Sorry...I'm just full of it today and couldn't resist! Glad things are going well and pray they continue for the next 30!!Laughing

~C 

• Skiffin16
    Options

Holy Crappie.....

Nice to see you back at it buddy! Miss talking to you....but, I know you've had a lot on your plate lately. Let's turn that plate into a fish platter now!

Sorry...I'm just full of it today and couldn't resist! Glad things are going well and pray they continue for the next 30!!Laughing

~C 

AbaRa GaDab AaRa

JG1-15

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    John, I'm so glad you are

John, I'm so glad you are finally back!  good to see you're on the water again and enjoying life.

Matt, I love your post!  you are so creative.

God bless everyone!

dj

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    Great news!!

Gawd knows, you've spent damn near the whole last year getting dragged through a knothole backwards....over and over and over.  FINALLY, that chapter of your life is receding in the rearview mirror!! 

Congratulations!!!................................oh....and a HUGE HUG!!

p