Terrified:p

Options
2»

Comments

• Linewife7
    Linewife7 Member Posts: 43
    Options

Swollen or Not?

Can you have cancer in the lymph glands without them being swollen?  As others have said I am not a doctor so can only tell you what happened to me.  My neck lymph glands were very swollen and hard, not flexible as they get when I had infections there.  The cancer had moved my my lymph nodes.  There were 4 infected with cancer for sure, the doc took out quite a few more to be save, I did not know, but there are tons of lymph nodes in the neck.  I have and had all kinds of issues when I got diagnosed and now, how many of them were and are real and how many caused by my fear I cannot be sure.  I know that if I am worried and if my fear about cancer is strong I feel a lot worse physically.  

I suggest that you have a list of questions when you meet your doctors and write down the answers.  Be sure to tell them you are very scared and you need all the help you can get.  The doctors see hundreds of patients and even the most sympatric of them can get jaded after a while.  The need to know how you feel.  Be sure to tell the nurses also and if the group of doctors you see have a social worker or psychologists try to get to see him or her also.

Hanging out for hope~

I will definitely let them know of my fears and unlike my typically self, I intend to be proactive about this. To medical and the Universe, I mean nothing but to my family and loved ones, I mean everything! Thank you again for your valuable insights! I have remained quiet about this but if I didn't have someone to talk with I would go crazy! I am so thankful I came across this site! God bless!

• Linewife7
    Linewife7 Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Linewife7 said:

Hanging out for hope~

I will definitely let them know of my fears and unlike my typically self, I intend to be proactive about this. To medical and the Universe, I mean nothing but to my family and loved ones, I mean everything! Thank you again for your valuable insights! I have remained quiet about this but if I didn't have someone to talk with I would go crazy! I am so thankful I came across this site! God bless!

It's obviously been a long

It's obviously been a long day, writing duplicates~oops! Time for some rest, 4 AM comes early! I'll check back soon! Can't thank you all enough! Be well:)

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Linewife7 said:

It's obviously been a long

It's obviously been a long day, writing duplicates~oops! Time for some rest, 4 AM comes early! I'll check back soon! Can't thank you all enough! Be well:)

hi line, i just want to say

hi line, i just want to say welcome to our family.  it is the waiting that really gets to us.  we all understand your fear and anxiety.  you have found a good place to be if you need us.  we will be here for you to help you down this road.  i am praying you won't have to travel it but if you do, we will be here.  we will always be on the sidelines cheering you on.  come here for whatever you need or are feeling.  nothing is off base here.  if you want to yell, yell, cry, cry, celebrate, celebrate!  we will do all that with you.  you are NOT alone.

God bless you,

dj