Potential solution to neuropathy looks good at Phase IIb trial

Options
coloCan
coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
edited March 2015 in Colorectal Cancer #1

called PledOx from PledPharma,supposedly reduces neuro while not hindering efficacy  of FOLFOX

(further down the road,an Australian company working on something called Cantrixcil for CRC;others being investigated elsewhere include Tivozanib,Xilonix;MCV)

Comments

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Tell Them To Hurry Up

My second session was yesterday and if what I think is going on is really happening, I will like to have some of that Laughing

Each day it seems there are more things coming down the line.  60 Minutes was real interesting

• coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    NewHere said:

Tell Them To Hurry Up

My second session was yesterday and if what I think is going on is really happening, I will like to have some of that Laughing

Each day it seems there are more things coming down the line.  60 Minutes was real interesting

For what its worth,this is the latest i've come across

pertaining to CRC Tx and neuro

www.ascopost.com/ViewNews.aspx?nid=25612

(PS:Currently,on the right under "Most Read" is a very good item on KRAS in mCRC and why vectibix or cetuximab may stop working))

PSS: Just read of a Chinese phase II for fruquintinib(HMPL-013)

• NewHere
    Options
    coloCan said:

For what its worth,this is the latest i've come across

pertaining to CRC Tx and neuro

www.ascopost.com/ViewNews.aspx?nid=25612

(PS:Currently,on the right under "Most Read" is a very good item on KRAS in mCRC and why vectibix or cetuximab may stop working))

PSS: Just read of a Chinese phase II for fruquintinib(HMPL-013)

Interesting

About CRC having more numbness and tingling.  Looked at the link there and it seems full report is being prepared for distribution still via download, was curious if it goes into some more detail.  But I am guessing they leveled the playing field in determining things?  (Dose size, treatment schedule and the rest.  Took a quick look and the Docs look like they are from places that look good like Mayo)

It would be good if they can control this as in your original post.  According to my doctor he likes to get at least 6 sessions with Oxi in if I can handle it and caps it at 9 becaise the incremental benefit of 10, 11, 12 compared to the increase in neuopathy is not worth it.  If that can be abated and a few more percentage points to success can be had, that would be great.  

But I leanred my lesson today, wear gloves even if not out long and not that cold out there.  :)

• manwithnoname
    manwithnoname Member Posts: 402
    Options
  • NewHere
    Options
    HBOT

HBOT is not used enough based on its potential to help in many areas.  Many doctors know little to nothing about it.  That being said, there are also some people making wild claims about the use for everything and anything and running their places in manners that are scary in terms of safety and equipment.  So like anything, people should do their homework when looking into this.  

It is approved for a limited number of things to be covered by insurance and the rules are silly IMO.  For instance for diabetes it has to progress to a certain level for it to be covered, though its efficacy is much improved when started earlier - sort of akin to shutting the barn door after the horse has left.

• manwithnoname
    manwithnoname Member Posts: 402
    Options
    NewHere said:

HBOT

HBOT is not used enough based on its potential to help in many areas.  Many doctors know little to nothing about it.  That being said, there are also some people making wild claims about the use for everything and anything and running their places in manners that are scary in terms of safety and equipment.  So like anything, people should do their homework when looking into this.  

It is approved for a limited number of things to be covered by insurance and the rules are silly IMO.  For instance for diabetes it has to progress to a certain level for it to be covered, though its efficacy is much improved when started earlier - sort of akin to shutting the barn door after the horse has left.

True

It should only be done under full supervision by qualified doctors.