CSNer meetup

donfoo
donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
edited March 2015 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Couple years ago Steve and John met up in Norcal, leaving me out. lol. This time Steve and I grabbed a coffee and had a super chat about how everyday is such a gift. Steve is just 7 months past a 16 hour major surgery due to ORN and looks and is doing incredible. There are lots of CSN folks that can do the same thing. It is a great experience!

image

Comments

  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Well, well, well....look at you...

    Mr. donfoo!!  You look great....I mean REALLY REALLY good!!  You just look so healthy.  When I saw you a year and a half ago, you had just finished treatment...you looked pretty darn good for having come through hell but now you just look wonderful.  Glad you and Steve got to meet up....it is fun, huh?  And yes....everyday is a gift....

    p

  • wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Just WOW....you look great

    It's nice to get to meet ones you have been talking with for some time and helped you through your journey.

    Bill

  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Invite...

    Man, I didn't even get an invite, LOL...

    Looking good my friends..

     

    I guess I'm just going to have to get my own meet up with someone soon.... Ummm, maybe HONDO..

     

    ~John

  • hawk711
    hawk711 Member Posts: 566
    Skiffin16 said:

    Invite...

    Man, I didn't even get an invite, LOL...

    Looking good my friends..

     

    I guess I'm just going to have to get my own meet up with someone soon.... Ummm, maybe HONDO..

     

    ~John

    Truly fun to meet

    All

    Don and I had a great morning of coffee and discussion.  You can tell by the picture that it was a beautiful day and we were both saying how much we appreciate each and every day.  It was funny but after 2 hours we barely mentioned the "c" word.  It may have been what brought us together, but it was not the main item on the table.  We solved many local and world problems.  It's just that no one asked our opinions, but we had all the answers, lol. 

    Enjoyed the morning Don.  We have a replay this summer sometime.   Let's see how many others can meet up somewhere.  Just sayin.....

    All the best 

    Steve

    P.S.  Don and I really have very dark hair, it's just the sun was so brite !!!

  • lornal
    lornal Member Posts: 428
    hawk711 said:

    Truly fun to meet

    All

    Don and I had a great morning of coffee and discussion.  You can tell by the picture that it was a beautiful day and we were both saying how much we appreciate each and every day.  It was funny but after 2 hours we barely mentioned the "c" word.  It may have been what brought us together, but it was not the main item on the table.  We solved many local and world problems.  It's just that no one asked our opinions, but we had all the answers, lol. 

    Enjoyed the morning Don.  We have a replay this summer sometime.   Let's see how many others can meet up somewhere.  Just sayin.....

    All the best 

    Steve

    P.S.  Don and I really have very dark hair, it's just the sun was so brite !!!

    Dark Hair?

    Is that like - is the dress blue or white?

    Lorna

  • Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    lornal said:

    Dark Hair?

    Is that like - is the dress blue or white?

    Lorna

    Lookin good

    you are looking good guys! The UK is a bit of a mission though! I hope to get over to NYC later in year though. In Paris next week if anyone fancies it!

  • donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Bill - next up

    Hey Bill,

    Remember, coffee on me when you pass through SJ next time! Same offer to all who make the trip to Stanford. Don

     

    P - Thanks. When we met, I was at the low point but steady. Still lost some weight after that. I actually enjoyed the crash diet and was at a great weight when done. But now back to full tonnage. My wife loves it. Calls it an insurance policy. Just the opposite from you being so lean with no surplus to lose during treatment.

    John - When I'm ready to drop out I drop by on my way to the Keys. It is a place on my list of places to visit, in addition to that place full of fish! 

    Gary - You are never in one place long enough to make a meetup. Get to NorCal, home of the craft beer movement! 

     

    For all those in the throws of too much treatment, too much pain, too much side effects, you will be back on your feet and in some ways - better. Hang in there! 

  • Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    donfoo said:

    Bill - next up

    Hey Bill,

    Remember, coffee on me when you pass through SJ next time! Same offer to all who make the trip to Stanford. Don

     

    P - Thanks. When we met, I was at the low point but steady. Still lost some weight after that. I actually enjoyed the crash diet and was at a great weight when done. But now back to full tonnage. My wife loves it. Calls it an insurance policy. Just the opposite from you being so lean with no surplus to lose during treatment.

    John - When I'm ready to drop out I drop by on my way to the Keys. It is a place on my list of places to visit, in addition to that place full of fish! 

    Gary - You are never in one place long enough to make a meetup. Get to NorCal, home of the craft beer movement! 

     

    For all those in the throws of too much treatment, too much pain, too much side effects, you will be back on your feet and in some ways - better. Hang in there! 

    Small World

    But lots of it! Europe is small. I can take the Eurostar train to paris

        Don. Will get to west coast one day!

  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    How fun!

    We definitely need more of these meet-ups.  I'll buy lunch for anyone who wants to meet up at the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite this spring.  Hal Hill and I had a great lunch there, a couple years ago.

    Deb

     

  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Don

     

    I agree, we all need to get out and visit, wow that would be wonderful

     

    Tim

  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Skiffin16 said:

    Invite...

    Man, I didn't even get an invite, LOL...

    Looking good my friends..

     

    I guess I'm just going to have to get my own meet up with someone soon.... Ummm, maybe HONDO..

     

    ~John

    Headed your way

    That should be in a few days John, I got your number, ha ha ha

     

    Tim Hondo

  • wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    donfoo said:

    Bill - next up

    Hey Bill,

    Remember, coffee on me when you pass through SJ next time! Same offer to all who make the trip to Stanford. Don

     

    P - Thanks. When we met, I was at the low point but steady. Still lost some weight after that. I actually enjoyed the crash diet and was at a great weight when done. But now back to full tonnage. My wife loves it. Calls it an insurance policy. Just the opposite from you being so lean with no surplus to lose during treatment.

    John - When I'm ready to drop out I drop by on my way to the Keys. It is a place on my list of places to visit, in addition to that place full of fish! 

    Gary - You are never in one place long enough to make a meetup. Get to NorCal, home of the craft beer movement! 

     

    For all those in the throws of too much treatment, too much pain, too much side effects, you will be back on your feet and in some ways - better. Hang in there! 

    Yep...Looks like May 11th

    Don, as it gets closer i'll touch base with you and we'll set it up. Want to maks sure Dr doesn't have to change date.

    Really looking forward to this. 

    Bill

  • debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    this is fantastic!!  it

    this is fantastic!!  it honestly puts a huge smile on my face and warms my heart when i see that family members got together.  it reinforces the fact that we are a "family".  that picture is great of both. I love the nice smiles.  Like steve said, i'm sure its the sun hiding the real "dark" color....lol.  and personally, i think the president should call you both for your opinions and suggestions, we can use all the help we can get!  this is really wonderful.  i'm so glad you met up and that the discussion was about everything and not run by cancer.  it shows us that there truly is LIFE AFTER CANCER!

    God bless you both,

    dj