its back 2

Options
harleywiz
harleywiz Member Posts: 50 Member

started my second round of chemo last wed 1 of 12 only 11 more to go at least i know what to expect this time. what fun cancer is :}

Comments

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Good Luck

Taking the same approach.  1 down, 11 to go for me also.  Next one in a couple of days.  This is my first time through this though.  Cancer really is a trip, feel like I am down the rabbit hole and the world is a bit off for sure :)

• harleywiz
    harleywiz Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    NewHere said:

Good Luck

Taking the same approach.  1 down, 11 to go for me also.  Next one in a couple of days.  This is my first time through this though.  Cancer really is a trip, feel like I am down the rabbit hole and the world is a bit off for sure :)

thanks

the first time was not that bad and it did buy me some time im still here, attatude is everything im having fun with it being stage 4 tyhe first round they got a order to sedat me becuse i spent the whole time telling jokes and enjoying life i start 2 of 11 on april 1st thought id fall ot of the chair and shake and then go april fools

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    harleywiz said:

thanks

the first time was not that bad and it did buy me some time im still here, attatude is everything im having fun with it being stage 4 tyhe first round they got a order to sedat me becuse i spent the whole time telling jokes and enjoying life i start 2 of 11 on april 1st thought id fall ot of the chair and shake and then go april fools

That's naughty

Are you really going to do that to those poor chemo nurses? 

I am glad that are feeling upbeat, it helps so much to get through the rough times. 

Its good to see you here. 

Sue - Trubrit

• Steve444
    Steve444 Member Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    harleywiz said:

thanks

Gotta have fun

Great to have some fun with it, especially on April Fools day.  I use humor daily, tragedy or not.  I find with cancer it also helps me cope.  For some around me, it puts at ease, but others don't appreciate it so much.  I've found health care workers are more receptive and appreciative of the humor as they typically deal with so much stress and suffering.  I've done the shaking and asking deadpan if it's supposed to hurt and burn so much when they push meds or saline into me.  After the initial freak out, it's been met with relief, laughing hysterically or a punch in the throat.  Some nurses now flip me crap on each visit.  My family, wife especially, however don't appreciate the jokes.  I forget to curb my comments about dying sometimes and my wife breaks down in tears.  I feel really bad and luckily, my slip ups are now far and few between.  It did just happen a couple days ago though. :(  I hope this round is as delightful as the last.  I'll be there with you soon, but I'm trying to postpone it until June after a Vacation in Mexico.