NED and I are still friends!

Options
2»

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

pay the blessings forward...

Thanks CC, I get results of PET this Thursday...whatever the results are, I am scheduled to start chemo that day also...Taxotere this time, probably once a week. When I asked for how long...he said as long as my blood counts cooperate and my body can handle it, he was hoping for 3-4 months. I'm hoping the radiation at least shrunk down my spinal tumor so that it does not cause a problem.

This week I am taking three of my grandkids, one each day on special excursions! Today I had four year old over for afternoon and we built a tent in living room, watched the Muppet movie, took a nap, a walk, looked at flowers coming up in yard and had lunch too! It was delightful! Tomorrow I take my 14 year old grandson for lunch at the mall, then a surprise stop at the Lego store for him to pick out what he wants. Wednesday it will be my 16 year old grand daughter, and possibly her best friend for lunch and mani/ pedis. I won't even attempt to have the 1 1/2 year old myself because he's too heavy for me to lift and I can't keep up with him. I just wanted to make some special memories with them before I start chemo this time, I know my energy level will be low so it was important for me to plan fun activities with them.

Our vacation to Arizona was superb! We visited the Grand Canyon one day, a trip to Jerome, a private wine tour and tasting, jeeping around red rocks of Sedona, some shopping, fabulous food, breathtaking sunsets and sunrises and fun with two other couples that we are very close to. We celebrated our 42 anniversary there also. Our flight there and back was amazing, clear skies so we could see Rocky Mountain range over Colorado perfectly! We flew as guests on a friends private jet, so no airport hassles and we were treated like royalty, we also stayed in their beautiful Sedona home for the week. No matter what I have had to endure or what I am going to endure in the future, I have an amazing support system, and loving, kind, and unselfish friends and family. I am blessed beyond measure, so I will meditate on those blessings when I don't think I can keep going anymore. This vacation came at the right time for me, it helped me to clear my head and face the future with a renewed sense of hope.

my prayers are not without thought to the many cancer patients, and those otherwise suffering that do not have as much as I do, I pray for them to find hope and also for hope to find them, perhaps another will reach out to lend a hand. I am always aware of others around me, in such a technologically connected world, as humans we really are disconnected, so saying good morning to a stranger or sharing a smile, just something out of the ordinary can go a long way to stir up hope in the heart of someone. I pray I can give out to others even a fraction of what I have been the recipient of. I will always try to pay it forward.

I agree with ccfighter.  You

I agree with ccfighter.  You are beautfiul.