I'm a

Options
DD3
DD3 Member Posts: 136 Member

lurker.  Litte back ground. My wife was diagnosed with Stage IIIA CRC.  Stupid lymphnodes.  Anyways, we went throught the whole chemo/rad then surgery then FolFox.  Well we had our two year CT scan to make sure nothing was going on.  I guess what.  Nothing is!!!!!!!  Still NED after two years.  I know we still got a long haul ahead of us, but like most we take the victories where we can get them.  So, I celebrated and had a Coke.  I gave them up years ago.... Tasted good too.  I still think about and pray for all on here.  You folks provide such comfort to those going through this and us caretakers.  Bless you all.

Comments

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Congrats

Great news indeed, wonderful to hear and each good story helps a lot.  

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Welcome dd3

I am glad to hear that both your wife and yourself ( cancer is nearly always a shared journey) are doing well. I wish you  both continued good health and a cancer free future. Ron. stage 3c ,cancer free since Jan 1998.

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    It's funny how we still see

It's funny how we still see junk food as a celebration.  I recently had a root beer!  So ridiculously delicious. Congrats on the NED.  We're in the same circumstance, stupid lymph nodes!  lol  Two years and counting.  Wooo hooo.

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    That is great news.

That is great news.

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Here's to more cokes in your future!

Easyflip/Richard

• TheLadySkye
    TheLadySkye Member Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news!

That is wonderful news!  I will continue to hope and pray for clean scans!

More Coke celebrations to come!

• tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Things go better...

Great, congratulations. Just stay on the wagon.  A coke habit, either kind, is very dangerous.Wink