Ibrance/Letrazole combo

Options
duck1255
duck1255 Member Posts: 40

Is anyone taking the new Ibrance/Letrazole combination. My doctor just added the Ibrance and I finally got my prescription Friday so I have taken 3 pills. Just wondering what side effects everyone is having. I have taken Letrazole for 8 months without any side effects

Comments

• Lilly9
    Lilly9 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    I am on Letrazole only - I

I am on Letrazole only - I have been taking it for 18 months now.  Very minimal side effects - hot flash a couple times of day.   I do have some joint pain when it's really cold and when we have a lot of rain coming in - but that was going on during treatment - so not really sure if I can pin it on the letrazole!   Let us know how it goes

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Lilly9 said:

I am on Letrazole only - I

I am on Letrazole only - I have been taking it for 18 months now.  Very minimal side effects - hot flash a couple times of day.   I do have some joint pain when it's really cold and when we have a lot of rain coming in - but that was going on during treatment - so not really sure if I can pin it on the letrazole!   Let us know how it goes

Hi I am on it

hi 

hi started before it was approved in January I will try to post tonight.

• TWINKLEbonbon
    TWINKLEbonbon Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Ibrance

Hi !

I am H2-EST+ with a secondary tumor in my liver. Ive been on Ibrance for 2 months. Very minor side effects, some fatigue and a bit of a sore throat here and there. Excersize cures my fatigue entirely. I do have to have a Lupron shot because you have to be in menopause or post menopuase for Ibrance to work. Lupron has more side effects, hot flashes and depression. 

Good luck to both of us, I hope its working ! 

• duck1255
    duck1255 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Ibrance

So far the only real side effect has been low white blood counts. I stopped the 125 dosage after 2 weeks do to low counts waited 2 weeks and started my second round at the 100 dose was able to finish all three weeks I am now on my off week I will have blood work on Friday hopefully it will be back up enough to start my third round

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Letrozole/Ibrance combo

I just started the Letrozole and will add the Ibrance in a few days. Don't really feel any side effects yet besides maybe a little dry mouth. Can't tell if some of my symptoms are from the drug or the anxiety but trying to remain calm and do anything healthy for my body. Move, hydrate, eat well, watch comedy ect. I will add this to my favorites and check in periodically to see how we are all doing. Great vibes sent to all of you!

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 7
    Options

Ibrance

Hi !

I am H2-EST+ with a secondary tumor in my liver. Ive been on Ibrance for 2 months. Very minor side effects, some fatigue and a bit of a sore throat here and there. Excersize cures my fatigue entirely. I do have to have a Lupron shot because you have to be in menopause or post menopuase for Ibrance to work. Lupron has more side effects, hot flashes and depression. 

Good luck to both of us, I hope its working ! 

Similiar DX

Hi Twinkle,

Sounds like we have a similiar DX regarding a liver tumor. I just started my regimen and am hoping as well for amazing results! Best of luck I'll be checking in.

• Sweetie123
    Sweetie123 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Letrozole/Ibrance combo

I just started the Letrozole and will add the Ibrance in a few days. Don't really feel any side effects yet besides maybe a little dry mouth. Can't tell if some of my symptoms are from the drug or the anxiety but trying to remain calm and do anything healthy for my body. Move, hydrate, eat well, watch comedy ect. I will add this to my favorites and check in periodically to see how we are all doing. Great vibes sent to all of you!

Dry mouth an Ibrance

Hello everyone ,

Just got  a diagnosis of  cancer which  spread to my spine and  I started Ibrance and Letrozole. So far  no real side effects but  I do have very dry mouth. I bought over the counter biotene spray and it works great . Highly suggested.

:)

• evie510514
    evie510514 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Ibrance/Letrozole

I've been on Ibrance/Letrozole for the past 14 months.  Today, 3/13/2017, my oncologist changed my meds.  I have 1 bottle of Ibrance that has never been opened & another that is about 1/2 full.  I know this chemo drug is very expensive.  If you have been prescribed this medicine for your breast cancer & have to pay for your meds, please drop me an email & I will mail these to you for the cost of mailing.  I just don't want to see them go to waste.  Email me at eandrdaig@yahoo.com.  

• Mitch59
    Mitch59 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2017 #10
    Options
    Hi D- I have been on this

Hi D- I have been on this combo for 1 year now. I had netrupenia and low hematrocrit, canker sores and now tender head with hair loss. I noticed it has been a long while since you posted this, how are you doing?

Michelle

• montesanto52
    montesanto52 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2019 #11
    Options
    Ibrance

im taking Ibrance with Anastrozole. I started Ibrance last December for the first time. First let me tell you that I was diagnosed with Breast cancer December of 2008. I was almost on my 10 year anniversary when I found out it had metastasized to my L5 vertebre this past December. I was put on Anatrozole right after diagnose with no side affects.  I had back surgery and radiation.  After radiation I was put on Ibrance. I got a little hair loss but not bad. After 2 weeks they do a blood test again and my WBC was low but not bad so I finished my last week. After the last week and your off week they take another CBC blood test.  My WBC had not gone up enough to start the next treatment so I had to wait another week. After the second week it was ok so I started my second round. After 2 weeks another CBC was done and my count was down again but I was told to continue for the last week. After that round my WBC was critically low. I was told to not start again and to lower my dose from 125mg to 100mg. In the mean time I developed a fever of 103.6 so my oncologist said to go to emergency. Once there they took all kinds of blood and found out that I had an infectious blood disease.  I had had a cold sore on my lip during my last treatment that would not heal because my WBC was so low. The infection got in my blood through that open wound. Just be very careful and if your WBC count goes down make sure your doctor tells you right away. They did end up giving me a shot to bring my white count up so keep that in mind too. I don’t mean to scare you but it can be very serious if your WBC gets very low. 

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options

Ibrance

im taking Ibrance with Anastrozole. I started Ibrance last December for the first time. First let me tell you that I was diagnosed with Breast cancer December of 2008. I was almost on my 10 year anniversary when I found out it had metastasized to my L5 vertebre this past December. I was put on Anatrozole right after diagnose with no side affects.  I had back surgery and radiation.  After radiation I was put on Ibrance. I got a little hair loss but not bad. After 2 weeks they do a blood test again and my WBC was low but not bad so I finished my last week. After the last week and your off week they take another CBC blood test.  My WBC had not gone up enough to start the next treatment so I had to wait another week. After the second week it was ok so I started my second round. After 2 weeks another CBC was done and my count was down again but I was told to continue for the last week. After that round my WBC was critically low. I was told to not start again and to lower my dose from 125mg to 100mg. In the mean time I developed a fever of 103.6 so my oncologist said to go to emergency. Once there they took all kinds of blood and found out that I had an infectious blood disease.  I had had a cold sore on my lip during my last treatment that would not heal because my WBC was so low. The infection got in my blood through that open wound. Just be very careful and if your WBC count goes down make sure your doctor tells you right away. They did end up giving me a shot to bring my white count up so keep that in mind too. I don’t mean to scare you but it can be very serious if your WBC gets very low. 

Prayers going up

Your going through some heavy times.  How is your WBC now?  Please keep us posted or you know, if you want to gripe that is ok too.

Hugs,

Annie