Hello

Options
2»

Comments

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

Stages

You will find yourself going through some stages when first diagnosed and trying to figure out this life and death thing.  There is no figuring it out though, you just have to run the gambit.  First is disbelief, then you start thinking about the dying, so while you're thinking about that, do something constructive, make sure your wills are up to date, that letters have been written to loved ones and even write your own obituary.  I wrote mine, it really helped a lot with turning me around to think about living a bit more, didn't want it to end.

That was FIVE years ago for me, since then I've done a lot of living.  One day early on the diagnosis, my son said to me, "Mom, you're sitting here in the yard getting ready to die, get up and do something, go to college, find more exciting things to do, get up and live".  So I went to a two year college, during chemo's, surgeries even a heart attack and having a stent put in and graduated with a 3.8 GPA in Political Science in the two years.  I bought a kayak and go kayaking, picked myself up a little 650 motorcycle again and started biking, take my Grandkids camping, in other words, I got off my arse and started living.  I don't know how long I have, heck they had me call in family last August to say their goodbyes, and here I am in March getting ready to turn another year older, working full time this month at my daughter's candle, body, bath works shop at the mall, taking my grandchildren around places, shooting my new gun and just plain enjoying myself, and still getting chemo every two weeks.

You can do this, just have to start having the will to live and stop thinking about that dying crap.

Wishing you the best,

Winter Matir

Mame

Aunte Mame said,"life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"  Seems like you are gorging at the table.  Way to go girl.