Options
2»

Comments

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

A MUCH better visit today!

Ladies, I'm feeling SOOO much better right now!  

I just got back from seeing my surgeon, and he was SO much more positive than he's been in the last 2 weeks.  Even though I do have some fluid, he said the fact that it's very loose and there's very little tension is encouraging -- AND, he didn't even feel it was necessary to drain anything, so no needles today!

At my last 2 visits, he cautioned several times that we might need to reinsert the drains -- now, he's saying it looks like we probably won't have to.  He's cautiously optimistic that, by draining at the last 2 visits and taking the pressure off, my body looks like it may be finally, slowly starting to figure this out on its own.  

I'll probably have to have both sides drained in his office a few more times over the next 6 weeks or so, but that's VASTLY preferable to going back into surgery and dragging around little plastic aliens attached to me 24/7.  I see my surgeon again next Wednesday -- he's gradually extending the time between visits, which is also very encouraging.

And yes -- before you ask -- OF COURSE, I'm sitting here with a celebratory froufrou chocolate coffee drink!

Traci

great news

This sounds SOOO much better, you can do this.

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Yay!

so happy for you!!!

sue

Good news!!

Much better report than last time. No one wants to go backwards.

I'm relieved as I'm sure you are. 

Carry on with the celebrating:)

xoxo

Victoria

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hurrah!

Very encouraging news, Traci!  I'm so glad to hear it.

Clem

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

Hurrah!

Very encouraging news, Traci!  I'm so glad to hear it.

Clem

Oh, I'm sooo happy for you Traci

Congratulations!  it was probably the coffee.

Suzanne

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Oh, I'm sooo happy for you Traci

Congratulations!  it was probably the coffee.

Suzanne

Glad to hear your good news

please keep smiling often helps along with coffee as other pleasures

hugs to you

• jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options

Glad to hear your good news

please keep smiling often helps along with coffee as other pleasures

hugs to you

A little late....but so happy..

...to hear better news!  YAY for you!

much love,

Jenny

• rutzetta
    rutzetta Member Posts: 174
    Options
    great news

Hi Traci,

So glad to read about the latest news. Continue to keep up the road to full recovery. 

constance

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

A MUCH better visit today!

Ladies, I'm feeling SOOO much better right now!  

I just got back from seeing my surgeon, and he was SO much more positive than he's been in the last 2 weeks.  Even though I do have some fluid, he said the fact that it's very loose and there's very little tension is encouraging -- AND, he didn't even feel it was necessary to drain anything, so no needles today!

At my last 2 visits, he cautioned several times that we might need to reinsert the drains -- now, he's saying it looks like we probably won't have to.  He's cautiously optimistic that, by draining at the last 2 visits and taking the pressure off, my body looks like it may be finally, slowly starting to figure this out on its own.  

I'll probably have to have both sides drained in his office a few more times over the next 6 weeks or so, but that's VASTLY preferable to going back into surgery and dragging around little plastic aliens attached to me 24/7.  I see my surgeon again next Wednesday -- he's gradually extending the time between visits, which is also very encouraging.

And yes -- before you ask -- OF COURSE, I'm sitting here with a celebratory froufrou chocolate coffee drink!

Traci

YAY!!!

Better progress - yay!

Kind regards, Susan

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Traci

Hope things are continuing to improve for you.

xoxo,

Jean