Lesbian widow

Hello,

I lost my wife, partner and best friend to thyroid cancer in 2010. Passed the 5 year mark this past February. Feeling pretty sad. Doesn't get 'better' - just different, with time.

Been trying to find other widows to make friends with but haven't been very successful. Just thought that another lesbian widow and I would get what each other has been through. Make sense?

Thanks for listening,

Lisa

Comments

• beckster12
    beckster12 Member Posts: 1
    hi lisa

hi lisa, im so sorry to hear that your lost your girlfriend due to thyroid cancer, five years ago. I myself have been diagosed with papillary thyroid cancer and thats how i came to find this website. Just wanted to say that i can empathize with your sadness and loss. I have never lost a GF or significant other, due to death or disease, but i certainly can understand/relate to loving someone dearly, and losing them. If youd like to chat on here, that would be great, or we can exchange emails. Sincerely, beckie

• sheil46
    sheil46 Member Posts: 2
    lesbian widow

Just wanted to add that 15 years ago I lost my partner to lung cancer - we were together 34 years and since then I 

myself have been thru cancer of unknown primary and lived to tell the tale.  It does get better and have been with a new

partner for 13 years.  We are now 70 and 75 years old and still going strong sexually and otherwise. So....it is possibe to

go on with your life but maybe 5 years is a little soon.. And you sound like you're still very young whereas we are not.  

Of course 15 years ago we were in our 50's so still not real young but life did go on and you should give it maybe a little

more time.