should I go to the ER

Reg doc perscribed cough med. but still not feeling well-drink water all day-alot of bottles but go to the bathroom every couple of hrs chest not hurting as bad with cough med but have headache and not feeling well. Think its the blood pressure or is this just from the chemo? Go for 2nd round on thurs-fri of next week. This is nuts I thought I would feel good at some point from when I got the 1st treatment on feb 17 and 18th-then the last one a week and a 1/2 ago.

Comments

• nempark
    nempark Member Posts: 681
    Why not!

Jackie if you feel that bad, why not, go to the Er and it is better safe than sorry.  Some Docs don't pay much attention.  We have to advocate for ourselves.  If you don't feel well, go to the ER see what they say and then go from there.  It could very well be side effects from the chemo.  Hope this helps a bit.  I know how you feel.  Be well.

• AWK
    AWK Member Posts: 364 Member
    Definitely go or call your doctor

I was told that Avastin can cause headaches but to alert the doctor if I get them.  I definitely get them and if Aleve or Tylenol doesn't take care of them I reach out to the docs. Better safe than sorry.

• JackieZ
    JackieZ Member Posts: 20
    AWK said:

Definitely go or call your doctor

I was told that Avastin can cause headaches but to alert the doctor if I get them.  I definitely get them and if Aleve or Tylenol doesn't take care of them I reach out to the docs. Better safe than sorry.

Thank-you wnt to the ER and

Thank-you wnt to the ER and blood tests are normal and they said white count is normal-and chests sounds fine-I do have perscription cough surup and the pain pills I have from before are working. It seems to be lesssed the more the days go by from getting that treatment with that Avastin. Doc (ER) thinks maybe alleries-goes into my sinius too with the headache. Thanks for all your caring and I feel so good coming to you on here when I have a question or problem!

• nempark
    nempark Member Posts: 681
    JackieZ said:

Thank-you wnt to the ER and

Thank-you wnt to the ER and blood tests are normal and they said white count is normal-and chests sounds fine-I do have perscription cough surup and the pain pills I have from before are working. It seems to be lesssed the more the days go by from getting that treatment with that Avastin. Doc (ER) thinks maybe alleries-goes into my sinius too with the headache. Thanks for all your caring and I feel so good coming to you on here when I have a question or problem!

Hey Jackie "O"

You made me feel better.  I am so happy you went to the ER.  I know during this journey anything can cause a panic. I am sure you feel much better and more comfortable.  Continue being brave and soon enough this will all pass.  Big Big hugs.