Husbands scan results today

Options

Weren't good.  The cancer is growing after 3 months of treatment.  they started him on a new cocktail today.  I'm just devastated.

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Dear Skeets

I am so sorry to hear this. We always want the best results, and can never be ready for the bad ones. 

Sadly I've been the recipient of such news, and know how gut wrenching it is. 

I pray that the new cocktail works on those tumours. 

Thinking of you and your husband. 

Sue - trubrit

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Sorry

but this is typical with chemo, it's not a one size fits all thing. Best wishes for the new cocktail, don't be discouraged.

Easyflip/Richard

• TheLadySkye
    TheLadySkye Member Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that the results

I'm so sorry that the results weren't what we had hoped and prayed for.  I hope the new cocktail will be just the thing.

*hugs you and your hubby to itty bitty pieces*

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I've been there

So sorry to hear about your husband's scan.  It is devastating and sad to think of all he's been through.  As long as the doctors want to try something else and he's willing to do it, you have to push forward with it.  Different things work for different people and it's good he has options right now.

Keep us posted

Linda

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Try, try again

I know the agony of hearing the cocktail didn't work, after 5 years on chemo, I've heard that a few times, but, here I am, they put me on a different cocktail and it works and I'm good again, until it doesn't and then onto another cocktail, it's a continue work in progress, this finding out what works and what doesn't.

So don't feel too low, hopefully this next cocktail they cooked up will work well for him.

Wishing you brighter days ahead and that the new chemo combo works well for your husband, you are in my thoughts.

Winter Marie

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    So very Sorry

This is just not very easy at any level.  I'm sorry that things are not going well.  You will be in my thoughts for a plan moving forward that can help.  Just know that you and hubby will be going forward with a new direction and sometimes that can be a good thing when previous plans didn't work.

Kim

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear that.

I am so sorry to hear that. Lets hope the new cocktail is effective. Is it FOLFIRI they are trying now?