Is this really Real ( only one lymph node positive) Is that a better start

sunshinecoll
sunshinecoll Member Posts: 1

Hi

I had a mole removed on the back of my leg in November. Since then I have had it come back as Melanoma. It was deeper than 2 when they took the mole off. He did the surgery and also did a lymphn node biopsy on my right groin. I went there yesterday and he told me that the good news is that only 1 node came back positive and not 2 ( Dont now what this means or if it is good) I went for a chest xray about a month ago and he said nothing about that(hoping that is good) He sent me for a blood test and ultrasound yesterday. He left for holidays today and wont be back for 10 days so now that the shock has passed I have a million questions. I have surgery on March 26th to remove on nodes on the right groin ( can anybody please tell me how this is. Will I be able to move around my house or are you just layed up for weeks. Also can somebody tell me why it only being one lymph node possible is better than two. Dam if its there it is there what difference would that make. Thanks a little freaked at the moment.