Latest & Greatest

Options
With the most sincere apologies for being MIA, I am more than eager to say that today is the day that Kyle is receiving his brand new donor stem cells at The Colorado Blood Cancer Institute. He left last Monday February 23rd, 2015 to sign his final consent, have his central line placed and admitted to the hospital to undergo 5 days of Fludarabine chemotherapy only to be followed with one day of total body radiation. He has done very well and taking it one day at a time.

Leaving us to today, March 4th, 2015 his new "new" birthday!

The only statistics we know about his donor is that she is a 25 year old female from Germany and she is indeed, a perfect 10/10 match for Kyle. How Great is God! Kyle is now more in tune with his roots than ever. Kyle, my best friend Elizabeth and I were joking saying that he is now a bit more "sophisticated" seeing as his cells are international. Haha!

Therefore, I would like to ask of you all today reading this to please take a minute and say a prayer for Kyle and his brand new cells. Please pray that they take and destroy "if any" remaining cancer cells that may reside within his body. Please pray to give him strength, that he will overcome this and move past this mere moment in time. I know it is the Will of God to ultimately decide our fate as it is His Word yet, please pray that this be the last time Kyle will ever have to deal with this ever again. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer and thus, I do believe this is how we have gotten this far.

From this point forward, Kyle will be living in Denver till around June or July. Hopefully, he will be able to be released from the hospital this upcoming week. He than will make daily visits to the outpatient clinic. He is pretty ecstatic he will not have to be in the hospital the entire time like he did last year.

Until more is to come, I shall promise to keep everyone informed.

Blessed be,
Michelle

Comments

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,812 Member
    Options
    Got it !

Got that prayer for my part, Mrs Michelle !  It is wonderful that there is a perfect match for Kyle.

Geeze... you guys have been through so much. Wishing you health and some good times soon in the future. Kyle is a Superman !

max

• illead
    illead Member Posts: 884 Member
    Options

Got it !

Got that prayer for my part, Mrs Michelle !  It is wonderful that there is a perfect match for Kyle.

Geeze... you guys have been through so much. Wishing you health and some good times soon in the future. Kyle is a Superman !

max

Hi Michele

Thank you so much for the great news.  I agree with Max, you guys have really been through it

You remain in our thoughts and prayers,

Becky & Bill

• Jeff148
    Jeff148 Member Posts: 184
    Options
    AWESOME!!!

Have been praying for him every week...will continue!!!!

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Michelle

I had been wondering about you and Kyle. I'm delighted to hear this latest news. I hope he is doing well with his new "Continental" cells.

I will continue to pray for him. Are you getting to stay with him in Denver?

Hope and love,

Rocquie

• girliefighter
    girliefighter Member Posts: 232
    Options
    PRAYING

I hope all is going well and the new cells erradicate anything that may remain of those cancer cells. Hope that Kyle is feeling well through all of this

XXXOOO

Carie