Husband has Cancer

Annabelle41415
Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
edited February 2015 in Colorectal Cancer #1

I've been away from the boards for several weeks and have not really gone though all the posts, but I've seen some devestating news while just logging on.  Came here to let you know that my dear, wonderful husband has been diagnosed with kidney cancer.  We were away on vacation and he starting peeing blood.  Took him to emergency and they did a CT scan and he has a mass on his right kidney.  We had to cut our vacation short and head home.  He is scheduled to see an urology oncologist on Monday.  He looks so worried and I'm right there feeling his pain.  I've been there in his situation with those horrible words. 

I've had my scare also with breast pain seeking a primary doctor in another state while on vacation (and found a great one) because something just wasn't right, but then had to come back for my husband with his issue.  Had mammogram and ultra sound today and found that I've got scar tissue and calcification around tendons and muscle tissue due to previous surgeries and now have to go to a breast surgeon to possibly have breast removed.  At least it wasn't cancer, which was my main concern, but just another hurdle.  My husband's well being is my main concern and was thinking if I'd had breast cancer how could I'd ever be there a 100% for him, which that couldn't happen, so the cancer free breast issue is a great report, the breast surgery is doable and workable as long as my husband is taken care of first.

Please keep us both in your prayers, thoughts, good vibes.  My brother is not doing well either.  Been in and out of the hospital since November and is now on a feeding tube. 

I've kept you all in my prayers and thoughts daily and was so saddened by the news seen tonight logging on.

May God bless you all and keep you close.

Hugs!  Kim

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Kim

I am so sorry to hear your news about your hubby and yourself.

You know the drill...one day at a time...get the plan and go from there. 

I do know from experience that it is harder to be the caregiver than the patient...especially when you have your own health issues.  It is a blessing at least that yours is not cancer.

While we don't know about kidney cancer here, we sure do know how to support those in need so stay in touch and let us know how things go for you both and your brother.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    So sorry Kim

My brother in law had kidney cancer. He's a long term survivor of it. Hopefully they can just remove the kidney and its contained. Healing thoughts to both of you.

Eadyflip/Richard

• Semira
    Semira Member Posts: 381 Member
    oh Kim

what sad news. Hope they'll have a good plan soon.

Sending strength yo you and your hubby!

Hugs

Petra

• Yolllmbs
    Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member
    My prayers

and good thoughts. I'm so sorry Kim that times are so rough right now.  There are days I just can't log on because I feel helpless.  There are so many things I wish I could do to be helpful. I have to settle for prayers and cyber hugs. You and your family are in my prayers. 

Yolanda

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    So sorry Kim.  You have a lot

So sorry Kim.  You have a lot on your plate right now.  Know that we are here to offer support when you need us.  Prayers and hugs.

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Hugs!

I hope they can cut it out and then he'll have NED. Sorry you're dealing with issues yourself. I have calcification and they watch it closely and have done several biopsies already to check for cancer, but it has been negative, Thank God. I hope things turn for the best for you and your family. You have a lot to deal with. Thinking of you...

Lin

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    It never rains but it pours

my mum would use that expression and it fits your situation.

How absolutely devastating!  I am heartbroken for you. 

Pi am sorry for your husbands Diagnosis. For your medical issues. For your ruined vacation. 

My friend's husband has inoperable kidney cancer. He has been on some trials which have been rough, but kept him alive. Last year he traveled to England, where I met up with him and his wife, so even though his situation is dire, he is doing well.  

I pray that treatment will start soon, and be effective. I also pray that your own issues will be dealt with soon, so that you can be top notch physically and mentally for this new journey. 

Hugs! 

Sue - Trubrit

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Kim, I'm saddened to hear the

Kim, I'm saddened to hear the news about your husband. Cancer is such a terrible thing for us. I wish someone could figure out a cure for this horrendous disease.

My prayers go out today, for you and your husband. I pray for the best possible news given your situation. And I pray for Love and Strength to overflow on both of you as you face yet another toil.

Love,

Phil

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I am so sorry to hear that

I am so sorry to hear that Kim. Your family has been devastaated with cancer with your brother and now your husband. I am truly sorry.

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member

I am so sorry to hear that

I am so sorry to hear that Kim. Your family has been devastaated with cancer with your brother and now your husband. I am truly sorry.

Kim, 
    I am so sorry for all

Kim, 

I am so sorry for all that you are going through. Prayers for you and for your husband. As you know,  one day at a time...hopefully, your husband's cancer is contained and you can both soon get on with your lives. 

Hoping for some peace in all the turmoil.

Hugs, CM

• Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Dear Kim, you have too much

Dear Kim, you have too much on your plate. I am very sorry to hear all these news, it is overwhelming. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.Take care.

• christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    Hugs

I am so sorry about your husband.  I hope it is caught before it is too bad and that he heals and feels better

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Thank you all

Your comments mean so much to me and thank you for all the prayers and well wishes.  We will find out more on Monday what the plan forward will be.  Just told my husband tonight that the unknown is the most difficult part of the journey.  Once he finds out on Monday what the steps forward will be, we will tackle it and know that we have some goal to meet and how to get there.  Every day away from this board I've been praying for all of you and once again thank you for being here for me when I'm going through so much all at once in my life.

Hugs!  Kim

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member

Thank you all

Your comments mean so much to me and thank you for all the prayers and well wishes.  We will find out more on Monday what the plan forward will be.  Just told my husband tonight that the unknown is the most difficult part of the journey.  Once he finds out on Monday what the steps forward will be, we will tackle it and know that we have some goal to meet and how to get there.  Every day away from this board I've been praying for all of you and once again thank you for being here for me when I'm going through so much all at once in my life.

Hugs!  Kim

Hugs

back at you Kim! I can't imagine, feels like you're getting bombarded on all sides : ( Time to circle the wagons, in there with you virtually! Best wishes and good luck!

Easyflip/Richard

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Praying for you!

I'm so sorry you and your husband have to face this. It doesn't seem fair! I'll be praying for both of you!!

Love you!!!

*hugs*

Gail

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Oh Kim...

gosh I'm sorry about all of this.  It's just way too much all at once.  I hope things go well with your husband and that you can all have a break from cancer very soon!

Big hugs~AA

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Thoughts With You

And your family.  Hoping that this is gets better for you quickly. 

• YoVita
    YoVita Member Posts: 590 Member
    I'm so sorry about your husband's diagnosis

He is in my prayers and you too for being the caregiver.  

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

Thank you all

Hugs!  Kim

Info

My cousin's wife just had surgery yesterday for cancerous tumor on her kidney. 

Don't know any details yet, but if I hear anything which may be of help, I will surely let you know.

Hugs and love to you and hubby.

Marie who loves kitties

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    YoVita said:

I'm so sorry about your husband's diagnosis

He is in my prayers and you too for being the caregiver.  

Oh, Kim

Just so sorry to hear about the "double whammy" in your lives. Please let us know how everything is going.

Thinking of you and your hubby in this terrible time.

Luv,

Wolfen