Is this related to chemo?

Options

I was dx stage 4 last fall, and am currently 7 rounds into a 12 round cycle of FOLFOX. A week or so ago, i noticed what I thought was a chemo related mouth sore - but it now seems to be bone spur/chip working it's way out. (I had a tooth extracted a coup,e of years ago in the same spot). 

I googled it and it's not uncommon for this to happen at the site of an extraction, but I cant help but wonder if it is somehow related to the chemo. 

I have an appt with my onc on Tuesday and will ask about it but in the meantime am wondering if anyone here has heard of or experienced anything liKe this. 

Thanks!

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Interesting

I have not heard of this happening, so will be interested to hear if anyone else has. 

I know that I have two bone spurs below my teeth, but my dentist told me they were caused by grinding, so not chemo related.....unless. No, I am a grinder, so I'm sure thats my problem. 

Do let us know what your Oncologist has to say. And we'll see if anyone else here has experienced the same problem. 

Sue - Trubrit

• RobinF
    RobinF Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Interesting

I have not heard of this happening, so will be interested to hear if anyone else has. 

I know that I have two bone spurs below my teeth, but my dentist told me they were caused by grinding, so not chemo related.....unless. No, I am a grinder, so I'm sure thats my problem. 

Do let us know what your Oncologist has to say. And we'll see if anyone else here has experienced the same problem. 

Sue - Trubrit

Thanks

i'm a tooth grinder as well, and certainly sounds reasonable that its also related to that. I swear with every new twitch, ache or pain i wondef if its chemo, I think getting through it as much of a mind game as it is physical. 

Thanks again for helping to put it in perspective. I will let you know what my onc has to say next week.