Pain under arm in the side of tram flap...

Options

Pain under arm in the side of tram flap... I am 15 years out from orginal tram flap and had a revision of tram flap 2 years ago. I am currently experiencing pain under my left arm pit and on the side of the recontructed tram flap breast. During my mastectomy they were able to save the skin and some of the orginal breast tissue. should I be worried.

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    NO advice...but sending

NO advice...but sending hugs...

I am sure other will have experience and support...for you

Denise

• rosetulipsangel
    rosetulipsangel Member Posts: 2
    Options

NO advice...but sending

NO advice...but sending hugs...

I am sure other will have experience and support...for you

Denise

Thank you Denise

Thank you Denise Smile  for the hugs... something definitely wrong my whole left side has a burning feeling.

• Barb A
    Barb A Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Had Tramflap

HI, I had a Tramflap procedure 15 years ago also. I haven't had any revisions, but I'd like to. I had a recurrance in the reconstructed breast in 2007. I had a lumpectomy, chemo and radiation. I've had pain in my arm pit too, but my oncologist thought it was just regeneration of nerves from surgeries and radiation. Yes, seven years later. I wasn't comfortable with that explaination so she authorized a CAT scan. I then had and MRI as they thought they saw something further.

Turned out to be a Seroma (blood pooling in the area), although it didn't answer if that was the cause of the pain. No real answer other than no evidence of cancer. I would talk to your oncologist about the pain. If you feel it's necessary, ask for further testing. It may be nothing, but the peace of mind is a good thing too.

If you want to contact me, please see my profile and send me a message.

Barb A