New here. Care giver to non hodgkin lymphoma fiance.

Options

Just wanted to say hello and send warm wishes to you all. My fiance is very stubborn so it's not always smooth sailing and I get frustrated at him when I shouldn't. I love him lots though and try to understand what he is going through and we are doing really good atm. ;)

Comments

• dlarock
    dlarock Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello

Hey! My fiance sounds a lot like yours. I often get upset with John about silly things. Luckily I have a great friend that lets me vent all the time. She has made me realize that it does not make me a bad person for getting mad at him, it makes me human. 

Right now John is unable to work, I of course am not mad at him for this, but it does mean that I am taking on the financial responsibility. This can be stressful! Although we are not the ones battling the cancer it still takes a lot out of us physically, mentally, and emotionally...just in a different way. This is just one of the things the doctors don't tell you about cancer! 

Sending warm thoughts to both of you! Hope you both are doing well and continue to stay positive!

• onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Caregivers

I'm a patient (in Remission for 2 years !!) and I want you to know that I believe that this whole mess if a lot harder on you caregivers than it is on us! We are going thru stuff for sure but we have doctors, nurses, friends, family and YOU caring for our every need.  With any luck we have a strong support system for our physical, emotional and spiritual self.    And then we get to you guys.  Caregivers need support too!  Glad you have a friend to vent to - it's really important!  There are support groups out there if that's your thing.  And of course finding this sight is great! 

You (caregivers) rock!  We couldnt' achieve what we do without you.  Your love and caring and physical care is SO MUCH it's overwhelming!!  When my oncologist was battling cancer, she and I spoke and we both said that same thing.  It is harder on you than us.  You have to stand by and hope that you are doing enough, and we can really try your patience that's for sure.  We can get pretty sick and so we're not at our best and you have to just be there.  I know that when I have been in that role I found it very frustrating because I wanted to take the burden off of my loved one and take it on myself, which of course you can't do.

So from all of the patients who agree with me (and i'm sure there are many!)  THANK YOU!!!  Stay positive, pray for patience, and feel the love.

((hugs))

Donna

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    onlytoday said:

Caregivers

I'm a patient (in Remission for 2 years !!) and I want you to know that I believe that this whole mess if a lot harder on you caregivers than it is on us! We are going thru stuff for sure but we have doctors, nurses, friends, family and YOU caring for our every need.  With any luck we have a strong support system for our physical, emotional and spiritual self.    And then we get to you guys.  Caregivers need support too!  Glad you have a friend to vent to - it's really important!  There are support groups out there if that's your thing.  And of course finding this sight is great! 

You (caregivers) rock!  We couldnt' achieve what we do without you.  Your love and caring and physical care is SO MUCH it's overwhelming!!  When my oncologist was battling cancer, she and I spoke and we both said that same thing.  It is harder on you than us.  You have to stand by and hope that you are doing enough, and we can really try your patience that's for sure.  We can get pretty sick and so we're not at our best and you have to just be there.  I know that when I have been in that role I found it very frustrating because I wanted to take the burden off of my loved one and take it on myself, which of course you can't do.

So from all of the patients who agree with me (and i'm sure there are many!)  THANK YOU!!!  Stay positive, pray for patience, and feel the love.

((hugs))

Donna

Very Well Said, Donna

I have thanked my beloved husband hundreds of times for taking such loving care of me when I was so sick. I am also in remission for 2 years and I don't know what I would have done without him. Certainly no other family members or friends ever offered any relief. 

Early in my journey, I was hospitalized for 2 weeks. I don't have memory of much of it. But I remember the morning I "came to", looked at the white board in my room which listed the date among other things. I realized how long I had been there and was amazed. As I looked around, I saw my husband sleeping in the recliner. My first thought was, "wow, he must really love me". 

This experience has brought us closer than we ever were before. I am eternally grateful to him and all other loving caregivers.

Thank you for what you are doing--it is appreciated.

Blessings,

Rocquie