very interesting video and wonderful hope

Options
debbiejeanne
debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member

this doctor is amazing and giving real hope to cancer patitents.  shame on our government for no help with this research!!!  i am amazed by this doctor, his desire to fight/disrupt cancer and the fact that he has spent his own money to do so.  enjoy.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-billionaire-shaking-up-the-world-of-cancer/

dj

Comments

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Interesting

Thanks for sharing

• louhou13
    louhou13 Member Posts: 46
    Options
    What a great post

What a great post; thanks!

• jackflash22
    jackflash22 Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    What an amazing man

what an amazing man, to use his own fortune to fund Cancer research. It needs more scientists and doctors to research these dreadful cancers. I read the statistics for getting Cancer has gone from 1 in 3 to 1 in 2 owing to the older age we live.

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Amazing

Thanks dj     

Tim

• rachel12yrsuv
    rachel12yrsuv Member Posts: 435
    Options
    Hondo said:

Amazing

Thanks dj     

Tim

Hey Hondo it's Rachel!  How

Hey Hondo it's Rachel!  How are you?

• Bunnymom
    Bunnymom Member Posts: 212 Member
    Options
  • MGC
    MGC Member Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bunnymom said:
    Patrick Soon-Shiong

This guy is unbelievable. His credentials are really stacked. I learned about him a few months back on a stock chat line. Usually stock promoters have something up their sleeve that means proffit for them and nothing for you. This is one guy who is different. He does not NEED money. The richest man in LA.

In 1991 he started what ended up being his Abraxis Bio Science company and also founded American Pharmaceutical Partners. In 2010 or therabouts he sold them to Celgene for 2.9 billion & Fresenius SE for 5.6 billion dollars respectively. Celgene is one the largest biotechs in the world. Fresenius SE is a large German health care company.

Pull up his bio on Wikipedia. Its worth the read. This is one guy who I am glad to have on my side. Watch the video posted from the 60 minutes video. There is another video out there that is good also.

He is doing a lot for the future of this evil we fight. I am thankful for people like him.

He is currently partnered with a company called Sorrento Therapeatics (among others). I even invested some retirement savings in this company just based on him. Hopefully years from now it pay off in many ways.

Mark

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    MGC said:

Patrick Soon-Shiong

This guy is unbelievable. His credentials are really stacked. I learned about him a few months back on a stock chat line. Usually stock promoters have something up their sleeve that means proffit for them and nothing for you. This is one guy who is different. He does not NEED money. The richest man in LA.

In 1991 he started what ended up being his Abraxis Bio Science company and also founded American Pharmaceutical Partners. In 2010 or therabouts he sold them to Celgene for 2.9 billion & Fresenius SE for 5.6 billion dollars respectively. Celgene is one the largest biotechs in the world. Fresenius SE is a large German health care company.

Pull up his bio on Wikipedia. Its worth the read. This is one guy who I am glad to have on my side. Watch the video posted from the 60 minutes video. There is another video out there that is good also.

He is doing a lot for the future of this evil we fight. I am thankful for people like him.

He is currently partnered with a company called Sorrento Therapeatics (among others). I even invested some retirement savings in this company just based on him. Hopefully years from now it pay off in many ways.

Mark

Mark, thank you for the

Mark, thank you for the info.  I agree with you, this doctor is in it for US!!  he does NOT need money and truly wants to beat cancer.  I was amazed at him and his progress.  i'll bet there are many companies who doesnt' like him because of his wonderful work.  He defintiley gives hope to many, many people.  i even sent his video to the ACS CAN (Amer. Cancer Society Cancer Action Network).  I figured they already knew about him but wondered why they had not rallied to have our officials support him.  Guess what, they had not heard of him!!  i was shocked.  I thought ACS was on top of everything.  Just shows that WE have to continue to be a VOICE for all cancer patients, especially H&N.

God bless,

dj