What a weekend!!!!

Options
mom2greatkids
mom2greatkids Member Posts: 528
edited February 2015 in Ovarian Cancer #1

Dear Ladies,

What a what a weekend. Friday morning a friend was taking me to a couple of appointments. She could not get me to respond. She noticed my van in the parking lot. She went to the my manager's apartment. She let could get not get me to respond, She went to my apartment manager. When she unlocked my door, I was found unconscious in my bathroom. Apparently I had intended to take a shower. I had a seizure. I lost 2 days of my life.

That was Friday, Scans from a couple of weeks had shown that I had one lesion on the stem of the brain. Thankfully, the MRI showed that was the ONLY spot. I meet the radiologist tomorrow. It's possible I'll start radiation later this week. I also meet with my oncologist on Friday.

When I had my seizure, I bit my tongue on both sides. Has anyone else had this happen? My dr. was thrilled with me this morning. He had told my Dad that I could respond just as quickly. My Dad also told said that Dr. Sullivan was so very sad and upset. I had heard from his receptionists had told me that when he delivered bad news he was so upset.

Does anyone have any suggestions for helping my tongue heal? I am also bruised on my back, chest, arms. 

Oh, my, what a beast this disease is!!!!

Comments

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    Options
    OMG Carla!

Thank god they found you in time. I hope radiation is successful in getting rid of the spot.

Here's a link to healing bitten tongue.

Thinking of you and sending good karma.

Alexandra

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to hear your

I am so glad to hear your friend was so persistant and you are doing better.

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

I am so glad to hear your

I am so glad to hear your friend was so persistant and you are doing better.

Oh Carla!

I'm so relieved that there is only one spot, that you may start radiation so soon, and that you have such a good friend!  Sending you lots of positive energy and thoughts that you continue to make good progress each day.

Hugs,

Kelly

• wholfmeister
    wholfmeister Member Posts: 315
    Options
    Whoa!

Sending you only the best wishes!

• scatsm
    scatsm Member Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    what an awful experience!

I am so glad you've come through it albeit with a damaged tongue...hopefully it will heal quickly. I guess now it's time to have those kids check on you with a daily phone call...it's hard when you live alone. And, yes, what a beast it is!

Warmly,

Susan

• Jue
    Jue Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi Carla , what a tough time

Hi Carla , what a tough time your having sending lots of love your way , maybe try seasalt  in Luke warm water as a mouthwash to help heal your tongue , good luck with starting radiation treatment x

• mom2greatkids
    mom2greatkids Member Posts: 528
    Options
    Jue said:

Hi Carla , what a tough time

Hi Carla , what a tough time your having sending lots of love your way , maybe try seasalt  in Luke warm water as a mouthwash to help heal your tongue , good luck with starting radiation treatment x

We have a list made out for

We have a list made out for for the next 2 weeks for family, friends to stay with me around the clock.  I can't drive for probably six months.  My dr. told me to have someone stay with me till I'm comfortable staying alone.   Looks like targeted one spot radiation, next Mon. Wed. Friday

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

We have a list made out for

We have a list made out for for the next 2 weeks for family, friends to stay with me around the clock.  I can't drive for probably six months.  My dr. told me to have someone stay with me till I'm comfortable staying alone.   Looks like targeted one spot radiation, next Mon. Wed. Friday

Hi Carla

So glad that you will be surrounded by loved ones until you are "back on your feet", so to speak.  Will be thinking of you next week as you undergo radiation.

Warm hugs,

Kelly