Moving forward.......

eihtak
eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member

Thank you all for your positive thoughts and prayers.....they have worked so far!  Surgery went well (I did not have VATS) but still did have the upper left lobe removed, so have a nice big scar on my back/underarm.  I am still hurting but not as much as one would imagine. I have been up and walking around the hospital unit and will be going home this afternoon. The lasts couple nights were rough and I did not sleep due to coughing spasms that felt as if I were being stabbed ( I do hope thet don't continue). I have breathing exercises to do but taking it all one step at a time as we have all learned to do in facing these types of challenges.  I will see my oncologist on Friday (the 13th) to go over the next step, but according to the surgeon it does sound as though the need for chemo is likely so, I will put my walking shoes on and take that step if needed as well.

I truely felt the love and support from everyone here and just want you to know that you have all made this easier for me to face.....and I am deeply grateful.

Thank you again,

katheryn

Comments

• RoseC
    RoseC Member Posts: 559
    So glad to hear from you!

You sound great - hoping you feel better and better each day! You're such a positive example for each and every one of us.

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    katheryn

I'm so happy to hear that your surgery went well and that you are going home today!  I hope you feel better and stronger with each and every day that passes.  As for the chemo, you sound ready to take on that challenge and with your attitude, I know you'll do well.  My thoughts and prayers continue for you as you go forth!

Martha

• qv62
    qv62 Member Posts: 434 Member
    eihtak

so glad to hear you are going home today, sending more prayers and positive energy for your healing and virtual hand holding as you approach chemo. Please rest up and keep us posted

• judyv3
    judyv3 Member Posts: 143 Member
    One step at a time

I am breathing a sigh of relief just knowing that you are through the surgery and now home.  I am sure you will recover more quickly at home.  I can't imagine the pain of coughing but one step at a time is definitely the mantra around here.  We will continue to send you healing thoughts and prayers for strength as you continue.

Judy

• TraceyUSA
    TraceyUSA Member Posts: 316
    Katheryn

I did not see your post prior to surgery but I'm so glad to hear that things went well.  You're attitude continues to inspire me! 

Well wishes and prayers,

Tracey

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
    Dear eihtak ---

Hello, Dear eihtak;

I sounds like you've gone through some of the worst stuff already. I wish I could give you a big, warm hug. But I guess I'll just have to do it virtually as well as send you virtual measles-free kisses .^_^.

• jbug2
    jbug2 Member Posts: 73
    Katheryn

Katheryn:  Good luck at your appointment tomorrow, you have been in my thoughts.  I surely do wish this wasn't happening to you, but I guess we take it one step at a time, one day at a time and we get through "it".  Hugs ...