O.T. snow snow and more snow here in NYS -how about where you are?

Options
disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member

it was 8 below this am and we've used all our snow days aleady for this winter (I work for special ed school) -as well as most schools in the area.

Denise

Comments

• desertgirl947
    desertgirl947 Member Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Central New York

This part of NY, we have used just two emergency days and had one two-hour delay.  I think we have two more snow days left before we have to take time off our vacations.  A few years ago we ran over our quota and that created a quandry with the powers that be as to how to make them up.  No one wanted February break hit nor spring.  So, what they did was extend some end-of-year half days to whole days.  Now, at the start of the year, the superintendent puts out a letter that tells the plan.

I think it was -7 when I headed out to school this morning.  It may make it to near 20 this afternoon.  We expect 6-10" more of snow over the weekend into Monday evening.  I forget how much we got this week, as we had a few days with snow -- about 12" Monday and about 4" more Tuesday.  A few more inches Wednesday.  A dusting yesterday.  It seems February tends to be our snow month.

[Our February break is a week, and many who work here go to Florida, Mexico, or somewhere else in the Caribbean and hate to give up the week.....  We also take a week for spring break as well, and a lot of people head South, more towards SC and FLA.]

e

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options

Central New York

This part of NY, we have used just two emergency days and had one two-hour delay.  I think we have two more snow days left before we have to take time off our vacations.  A few years ago we ran over our quota and that created a quandry with the powers that be as to how to make them up.  No one wanted February break hit nor spring.  So, what they did was extend some end-of-year half days to whole days.  Now, at the start of the year, the superintendent puts out a letter that tells the plan.

I think it was -7 when I headed out to school this morning.  It may make it to near 20 this afternoon.  We expect 6-10" more of snow over the weekend into Monday evening.  I forget how much we got this week, as we had a few days with snow -- about 12" Monday and about 4" more Tuesday.  A few more inches Wednesday.  A dusting yesterday.  It seems February tends to be our snow month.

[Our February break is a week, and many who work here go to Florida, Mexico, or somewhere else in the Caribbean and hate to give up the week.....  We also take a week for spring break as well, and a lot of people head South, more towards SC and FLA.]

e

Sunshine and Warm Weather

I'm in NE Florida and while we are chillly at night (high 30s) the days have been wonderful with bright sunshine yesterday and probably about 68 or 69 degrees.   :)  

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Northern California

I live in Northern California about 45 miles south of San Francisco. While it was rainy and windy this weekend, we had a high temperature of about 64 degrees and a low temperature of around 52 degrees. Today it is sunny and breezy. I feel very fortunate to live in a place with such a moderate climate. If I have the desire to see snow (which I do NOT) then I can drive about 4 hours to the Lake Tahoe area. My sympathies to those of you who must deal with the snow.

IRENE

• marycurbelo1204
    marycurbelo1204 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    GlowMore said:

Sunshine and Warm Weather

I'm in NE Florida and while we are chillly at night (high 30s) the days have been wonderful with bright sunshine yesterday and probably about 68 or 69 degrees.   :)  

SUNSHINE AND WARM WEATHER

Hi:  Yesterday was awesome.  Im in Central Florida (Orlando) It was awesome the past couple of days.  Today sucks, rained all day... my poor dogs.  Hmmm, you must be Daytona maybe or Jax?

Mary

• disneyfan2008
    Options

Central New York

e

desertgirl screen name and

desertgirl screen name and LIVE IN NYS? lol

I am in Dutchess county-between albany and NYC

Denise

• disneyfan2008
    Options

Northern California

I live in Northern California about 45 miles south of San Francisco. While it was rainy and windy this weekend, we had a high temperature of about 64 degrees and a low temperature of around 52 degrees. Today it is sunny and breezy. I feel very fortunate to live in a place with such a moderate climate. If I have the desire to see snow (which I do NOT) then I can drive about 4 hours to the Lake Tahoe area. My sympathies to those of you who must deal with the snow.

IRENE

we've use all our snow days

we've use all our snow days and it's only early Feb ( all schools in the area) and we have had many 2 hr delays, as well..

thanks goodness we have our own plow truck (LONGGGGGGGGGG driveway) it would break the bank for plow this season.

Denise