Do you need a drain belt?

Options
TraciInLA
TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

Before my bilateral mastectomy last week, I bought 2 drain camisoles and a drain belt from the American Cancer Society.  I wore the camisoles day and night, but only wore the drain belt while I showered, so it’s extremely clean and only very gently used.  I got my drains out on day 6 after surgery, so the drain belt just didn’t see very much action in that short period of time, and I'd be glad to pass it on to someone who can use it.

Could you use a free drain belt?  If you’d like to see exactly what it is, here’s the link to the ACS store where I bought it:

http://www.tlcdirect.org/Post-Surgical-Drain-Belt-with-Pockets.html?did=42

If this would help you out, I’d be glad to mail it to you, free of charge.  Please send me a private message.

Traci

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    bumping up

,,,  bump

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

bumping up

,,,  bump

Thank you, VickiSam

Thank you, VickiSam!  I was actually logging in for the express purpose of bumping up this post -- you beat me to it!

I'm still happy to mail this drain belt free of charge to anyone who might be having a mastectomy soon.  As I mentioned, I only wore it while showering for the 6 days I had my drains in, so it's extremely clean, and only very gently used.  If you could use it, please send me a private message.

Traci