Did anyone present with pain like mild cramping several weeks after hysteroscopy biopsy? Have Endome

Options

Hi everyone,  Thank you for all of the help I've been given here.  It's a comfort to hear other's experiences.  I'm wondering if anyone had mild pain or cramping after hysteroscopy that lasted for a month.  I have very mild cramping and a feeling of fullness or pressure like when you are getting ready to start a period that seems to have started with my hysteroscopy.  I am post menopausal and I was diagnosed as I said above.  I have very mild thickening of the endometrium (6mm) and didn't have spotting for any longer than a year at most.  At one point I had a clear watery discharge and once I had a multicolored icky discharge about 2 months before being diagnosed.  I'm just worried that this is worse than they thought.  My surgery is coming up this week but it's been a month since diagnosis and I'm a little worried about this discomfort.  Thanks in advanvce.

Comments

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a hysteroscopy

I didn't have a hysteroscopy but I wanted to reply to your post.   Did you ever bring that up with your physician?   What type of surgery are you having?   

My best to you.

Kathay

• cinjef
    cinjef Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Kaleena said:

I didn't have a hysteroscopy

I didn't have a hysteroscopy but I wanted to reply to your post.   Did you ever bring that up with your physician?   What type of surgery are you having?   

My best to you.

Kathay

Yes I did bring it up once

Yes I did bring it up once but no one seemed concerned.  I'll be seeing her tomorrow.  I'm going to talk to her about it.  It seems like it has been getting a bit worse.

Thank you for your reply.

Cindy

• pinky104
    pinky104 Member Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    cinjef

I don't recall having any significant pain for more than a short period of time after hysteroscopy (maybe a day or two?).  I was cancer free at that time.  I also had the uterine thickening.  Ten years later, I had stage IVb cancer.  I was getting some abdominal pains with that (I thought I had celiac disease, which runs in my family).  I want to let you know that the clear discharge can happen with UPSC (uterine papillary serous carcinoma).   If it's mixed with blood, it could have brown or red in it.  I often noticed a bad fishy smell but didn't really think I had a discharge since it was clear. On my first visit to my gyn/onc, the nurse practitioner asked me how long I'd had the discharge.   I don't know if other forms of uterine cancer can have discharges or not.

My cancer was also an adenocarcinoma but it was grade 3.  It's possible to have more than one type at once, though.  I hope all you have is a grade 1.  It took about 10 days after my surgery to find out my biopsy results. Try to wait until you get the final result before you worry too much.  It's easy to imagine all kinds of things when you're waiting for answers.  

I've survived 4 years and 7 months even with my bad prognosis.  It does happen.  I hope all goes well with your surgery.        

• cinjef
    cinjef Member Posts: 5
    Options
    pinky104 said:

cinjef

I don't recall having any significant pain for more than a short period of time after hysteroscopy (maybe a day or two?).  I was cancer free at that time.  I also had the uterine thickening.  Ten years later, I had stage IVb cancer.  I was getting some abdominal pains with that (I thought I had celiac disease, which runs in my family).  I want to let you know that the clear discharge can happen with UPSC (uterine papillary serous carcinoma).   If it's mixed with blood, it could have brown or red in it.  I often noticed a bad fishy smell but didn't really think I had a discharge since it was clear. On my first visit to my gyn/onc, the nurse practitioner asked me how long I'd had the discharge.   I don't know if other forms of uterine cancer can have discharges or not.

My cancer was also an adenocarcinoma but it was grade 3.  It's possible to have more than one type at once, though.  I hope all you have is a grade 1.  It took about 10 days after my surgery to find out my biopsy results. Try to wait until you get the final result before you worry too much.  It's easy to imagine all kinds of things when you're waiting for answers.  

I've survived 4 years and 7 months even with my bad prognosis.  It does happen.  I hope all goes well with your surgery.        

Thank you Pinky, I'm trying

Thank you Pinky, I'm trying to keep a positive attitude.  Were your pains very severe?  Mine are very mild but they still make me worry.  I know there is no sense worrying because it won't change a thing, it will only make me feel bad and everyone's experience is different. I keep thinking maybe she bruised my cervex because it's so small.  I'm just curious about other women's experiences.  Best wishes and stay well!

• pinky104
    pinky104 Member Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Pain

No, my pains were not severe at all.  I used to get a ping about once a day on one side.  I think that was from my mets to the ovary on that side.  I also had some generalized pains that weren't bad.  I used to get very tired after meals, too. And I also got wicked hot flashes, which I never had when I hit menopause and for years afterwards.  Let us know what happens.