NCI trial

Options
hogchick
hogchick Member Posts: 42

Does anyone have any information or experience with the trial study at the National Cancer Institute in Maryland 13-C-0032? I have stage 4 cancer that mets to the liver and lungs. I am concerned about travel and housing costs and if someone has any suggestions.

Thanks

Comments

• nicotianna
    nicotianna Member Posts: 209
    Options
    NCI trial

Please share any info you know about the study.  I am interested.  I am sorry that I do not have any info re: travel & housing.

Best wishes!

Nic

• pializ
    pializ Member Posts: 508 Member
    Options

NCI trial

Please share any info you know about the study.  I am interested.  I am sorry that I do not have any info re: travel & housing.

Best wishes!

Nic

Hogchick

Look under 'lodging' on this site. It mentions Hope lodges. Maybe helpful

• hogchick
    Options

NCI trial

Best wishes!

Nic

trial

Okay, I will. Thanks

• hogchick
    Options
    pializ said:

Hogchick

Look under 'lodging' on this site. It mentions Hope lodges. Maybe helpful

housing

Thanks, I will check it out.  I know there is a place for family to stay but there is limited space.  And the government will pay some of the hotel and travel. They have a social worker that will help with all of that, too. 

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    hogchick said:

trial

Okay, I will. Thanks

NCI clinical trials.

I remember seeing a post here some months ago from someone who participated in an NCI study, but not nearly as serious. It was an ointment or something meant to mitigate radiation burns, I think. Her experinces with the NCI were positve, but she didn't mention housing or travel. It's possible that you need go only periodically and your local doctor administers protocol in between. Ask the contact person - it can't hurt.

The NCCN "Anal Carcinoma" document says that they believe the best place for a patient is in a clinical trial.

About clinical trials registry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_trials_registry

(Searching these forums never works very well for me, even when I use the exact keywords that I later find in the posts. Your results may be better.)

• AZedj
    AZedj Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

NCI clinical trials.

I remember seeing a post here some months ago from someone who participated in an NCI study, but not nearly as serious. It was an ointment or something meant to mitigate radiation burns, I think. Her experinces with the NCI were positve, but she didn't mention housing or travel. It's possible that you need go only periodically and your local doctor administers protocol in between. Ask the contact person - it can't hurt.

The NCCN "Anal Carcinoma" document says that they believe the best place for a patient is in a clinical trial.

About clinical trials registry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_trials_registry

(Searching these forums never works very well for me, even when I use the exact keywords that I later find in the posts. Your results may be better.)

NIH/NCI

I did the clinical trial at NIH/NCI and they are great. You have to pay for things until they accept you into their trial study and then they help with everything. If you need any info feel free to ask. I am post 18 months. I stayed at the Hope Lodge in Baltimore and made the one hr ride each day for 3 months. Claudia