Estradiol Pills

Options
Fayard
Fayard Member Posts: 438 Member
edited February 2015 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Hola,

Last week, my gyno/oncologist sent me to a gynocologist. I have been having vaginal inections that are not, according to him, related to cancer. So I went, and the new doctor is a friend of my gyno/oncologist. The new dorctor recommended  Vegifem, which is estradiol pills. He called my oncologist, and he said iit was OK to take them because these pills do not enter your system, whatever that means. The pills are to regulate the pH in the vagina and reduce dryness, umbalanced pH is what is  causing me infections.

Has anyone used these pills after uniterine cancer?

Comments

• Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Fayard

sorry to hear you are having infections.  I do not know about the medicine recommended for you, but I hope it works for you.  Hope you are doing well otherwise.  In peace and caring.

• Lisa 00
    Lisa 00 Member Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    estradiol

I think he's talkiing about estradiol in suppository form.  Let us know if it helps! 

Lisa

• Fayard
    Fayard Member Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Ro10 said:

Fayard

sorry to hear you are having infections.  I do not know about the medicine recommended for you, but I hope it works for you.  Hope you are doing well otherwise.  In peace and caring.

Hola Ro,
    How are you? I am

Hola Ro,

How are you? I am doing well, except for the infections. However, that is nothing compared to what some of you are dealing with. I am more concerned about the fact that the pills are some sort of estrogen. I am not sure if I want to try that first. I am currently taking probiotics regularly, which my gyno recommended second.

You all are always in my prayers! :)

Gracias!