Lung biopsy update "there's good news and bad news"

Options
traceyd1
traceyd1 Member Posts: 79 Member

Jim's surgeon had him come in today for his post surgery x-Ray. He also had final lung biopsy results. He said he didn't have confidence in the first lab results, so the sent his samples to The University of Louisville, which is the lab that found his cancer 3 years ago. They compared it to his slides from 2011 and determined that the spots on his lungs were a metastasis from his jaw cancer. Not the news we were especially wanting to hear, but honestly not surprising to me. I just didn't have a great feeling about the initial results. I am just happy the surgeon went with his gut and went above and beyond to make sure we had accurate results. As far as treatment, we are finished. Surgery for sarcoma is surgery, and since they removed the tumors during the biopsy and had clear margins, he doesn't have to have any other treatment. We can now just live life and keep an eye on the lungs to make sure there aren't any further spots. God is good and will take care of us. Thanks to all you warriors out there for your encouraging words and prayers. 

Tracey

Comments

• traceyd1
    traceyd1 Member Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I meant to say Treatment for

I meant to say Treatment for sarcoma is surgery.  Darn these 46 year old eyes!

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    squeeze the good news for all it is worth

Tracey,

I agree (we should all) live life.

Matt

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    tracy, i'm glad you are both

tracy, i'm glad you are both living life.  i'm glad you have a proactive doc and that you can rest knowing he will do what's best for your hubby. 

God bless you,

dj

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracey

All we can do at times is to pray that God will lead the hands of our doctors.

With me everything is about Faith

Hondo

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Some good and some not so good.

It is good that you have a doctor that questioned and took it to another lab. It's always great to have a doctor you have fath in and he has compassion as well. May all your tomorrows be better.

Bill