Options
2»

Comments

• jca2cali
    jca2cali Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2016 #22
    Options

Thank you

Thank you for your kind words. I feel that our journeys are similar.  I am also glad that your mom is doing well.  This was a 5+ year journey for us and yes, the outdated statistics are bleak - but don't listen to them.  Our mothers will re-set the bar much higher.  

I am praying for you and the news of your scan.  I remember looking at every blood level and indication on the scan that something was waiting in the shadows.  At the end of the day, I truly believe that this cancer is a find dance between chemo and taking a break to enjoy life.  My mom didn't have too many side-effects from chemo - we just didn't want to damage the kidneys and liver in the process.  At the end, her mind was definitely willing but her body had seen enough of the chemo drugs. 

Definitely take those breaks and enjoy each day.  My mohter's GB cancer popped up in the omentum and peritoenal cavity.Pesky cancer cells - it takes just one.  

My mom always wanted to know more about other experiences and had tried to do her own research, but there was very little info out there at the time.  I WANT to start the conversation......and thank you for sharing your own experience.

Prayers for your mom - I'll be checking back with you.

Be well,

Jessica

Lovingmymom

Condolences!  My mom was recently diagnosed and it is hard to know what to do, where to start and all that goes with this disease.  She is stage 4 GBC and is told that there is no cure and it is inoperable. She just started her first round of chemo for "quality of life."  This is just so devastating and has stopped us dead in our tracks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Again my deepest condolences to you and your family.

Denise 

• Ozliz
    Ozliz Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Ja59 said:

Immunotherapy

Dear All,

I was diagnosed with stage 4 in December 2012. I only had gallbladder removed. Refused liver resection and chemotherapy. Spent 3 months in China having Immunotherapy, called ACTL. http://www.asiancancer.com/technology-equipment/2619.html

in 3 months all liver metastasis disappeared. I work full time for 15 months now. Strongly recommend this treatment, as it is easy to tolerate and it has no side effects.Gives god quality of life.

Cheers Tatiana

Carcinosarcoma gallbladder cancer

Hi Ja59

3 months ago I was diagnosed with carsinosarcoma gallbladder cancer which is the rarest of the gallbladder cancers. I had surgery to remove my gallbladder, part of my liver which had metastasized and my bile duct. Because of the rarity of my type of gallbladder cancer I have approached 3 different oncologists who have all told me they have little or no previous evidence to follow up with any further form of treatment. Can you please give me more details of your success with immunotherapy or the treatment you had in China, who I phone, or which hospital in China or any other suggestions you may have because you are a success story, that I am seeing so few of and, I am desperate for further treatment to stop this disease. For example what type of gallbladder cancer was yours.  I also live in Queensland Australia where it appears gallbladder cancer is given little research or funding.

Thanks,

Ozliz

• sursrx
    sursrx Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Rich24uk said:

Hi Jessica

So sorry to hear of your loss. You are very right about trying to keep this forum going. There is so little information out there regarding GB cancer and I found the posts here to be so helpful when my mum was hit with this news just over a year ago. The other issue I found is that the statistics around this illness are old and very bleak indeed.

Fast forward 3 scans and 12 rounds of chemo later and mum is so far doing really well with no visible sign of the disease. We have a scan coming up in February which everyone is getting nervous about but she is bucking the statistics at the moment and has no signs of reoccurance. Oncologists initially said 1-2 years but recently they have been very quiet on this and are positive about mum's chances of having more time.

Hopefully February will bring good news and we can then rest for another 6 months. I am always keeping my eyes open for new testing/trials as mum (quite understandably) doesn't want to really know about the illness or what options she has. I am realistic about this, she is very high risk for this showing up in the next few years and to be forewarned of the options is to be forearmed if it does happen.

All the best to you and your family. I am sure your mum would be proud that you are turning such a horrible experience into something positive by reaching out to others walking the same path.

Query

Hi Rich, Did you mom undergo surgery at any point? Hope she is still there...prayers from this end. I am still figuring out if surgery is helpful at all or we just stick to chemo?

• sursrx
    edited May 2017 #25
    Options
    Ozliz said:

Carcinosarcoma gallbladder cancer

Hi Ja59

3 months ago I was diagnosed with carsinosarcoma gallbladder cancer which is the rarest of the gallbladder cancers. I had surgery to remove my gallbladder, part of my liver which had metastasized and my bile duct. Because of the rarity of my type of gallbladder cancer I have approached 3 different oncologists who have all told me they have little or no previous evidence to follow up with any further form of treatment. Can you please give me more details of your success with immunotherapy or the treatment you had in China, who I phone, or which hospital in China or any other suggestions you may have because you are a success story, that I am seeing so few of and, I am desperate for further treatment to stop this disease. For example what type of gallbladder cancer was yours.  I also live in Queensland Australia where it appears gallbladder cancer is given little research or funding.

Thanks,

Ozliz

Gallbladder cancer

Hi, May I know how you are coping with surgery and what kind of chemo are you on? Did you have liver resection-which segments? Whats your age. We are very worried if our father who is in good health age 71 can even handle such a surgery.

pls advise...I am also looking at imunotherapy ACTL in China...i think it looks promising!

Regards,

Sunita

• sursrx
    Options
    Immunotherapy

HOw much does ACTL cost- how many courses did you take?

Also, liver resection and GB surgery- is this not a v big surgery. Is it advisable and safe? I am worried for my dad age 71 ( in good health) but if we even take surgery route as oncosurgeon in Mumbai is suggesting? Any advise on recovery and surgery portion? Thanks again!

• candicea
    candicea Member Posts: 5
    Options
    gallbladder cancer stage 4

hi my name is candice, my mom brandy 43 a mother of 7 we are all in are 20s and she has a 1 and 3 year old she was recently diagnosed with stage 4 gallbladder cancer this past 2016 Christmas. Probably the worst Christmas of are lives, but still happy where able to have are mother here. She was put on chemo witch seemed to be working but her lasted MRI results indicated that she had 11 new tumors on her liver and surgery wasn't a option. This is very hard on us but mostly for are little brother and sister they don't understand why my mom is in and out of the hospital this is devastating to all of us. The doctors are not giving us much hope. She is at kaisaer right now me and my siblings where able to get her better insurance so she can seek the best medical help we just don't know where to start if anyone can be help that would be wonderful thank you!

• Ja59
    Ja59 Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Immunotherapy

Sorry for responding so late, but I just noticed your message. The cost of immunotherapy varies depending on its type and how many sessions of cells transfusion is required. I was told that it went down since 4 years ago. You can go on to the website http://cellsbay.com/about-us/ fill medical form and get a quote. Treatment duration is about 2 months. Removal of a gallbladder is a good thing, but not liver resection. Sometimes surgery is not possible. Before the treatment tests will be done to check if tumour is susseptible to the treatment. Cheers Tatiana

• Ja59
    Options
    candicea said:

gallbladder cancer stage 4

hi my name is candice, my mom brandy 43 a mother of 7 we are all in are 20s and she has a 1 and 3 year old she was recently diagnosed with stage 4 gallbladder cancer this past 2016 Christmas. Probably the worst Christmas of are lives, but still happy where able to have are mother here. She was put on chemo witch seemed to be working but her lasted MRI results indicated that she had 11 new tumors on her liver and surgery wasn't a option. This is very hard on us but mostly for are little brother and sister they don't understand why my mom is in and out of the hospital this is devastating to all of us. The doctors are not giving us much hope. She is at kaisaer right now me and my siblings where able to get her better insurance so she can seek the best medical help we just don't know where to start if anyone can be help that would be wonderful thank you!

Stage 4 gallbladder cancer

Hi Candicea, sorry to learn about your mum...My advice would be to use Cell immunotherapy only. It does exist in the USA, but I do not know where -I live in Australia. I had immunotherapy in China 3 years ago. You can search on Cancer immunotherapy China or go to this website http://cellsbay.com/about-us/

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers Tatiana

• LondonUK
    LondonUK Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018 #30
    Options
    Ja59 said:

Stage 4 gallbladder cancer

Hi Candicea, sorry to learn about your mum...My advice would be to use Cell immunotherapy only. It does exist in the USA, but I do not know where -I live in Australia. I had immunotherapy in China 3 years ago. You can search on Cancer immunotherapy China or go to this website http://cellsbay.com/about-us/

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers Tatiana

Can you help me please

Hi Tatiana

Can you advise me how did it work for you? Did you had your gallbladder removed? Did your cancer spread from gallbladder? Thank you

Very urgent please. Mother at quite advance level gallbladder cancer with spread to liver. Thank you

• LondonUK
    LondonUK Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018 #31
    Options
    Ja59 said:

Immunotherapy

Sorry for responding so late, but I just noticed your message. The cost of immunotherapy varies depending on its type and how many sessions of cells transfusion is required. I was told that it went down since 4 years ago. You can go on to the website http://cellsbay.com/about-us/ fill medical form and get a quote. Treatment duration is about 2 months. Removal of a gallbladder is a good thing, but not liver resection. Sometimes surgery is not possible. Before the treatment tests will be done to check if tumour is susseptible to the treatment. Cheers Tatiana

urgent please

Hi Tatiana

Can you advise me how did it work for you? Did you had your gallbladder removed? Did your cancer spread from gallbladder? Thank you

Very urgent please. Mother at quite advance level gallbladder cancer with spread to liver. Thank you

• KCFlash
    KCFlash Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Urgent Please

I am still in treatment for GBC - I just finish Gemzar and Cisplatin and I will then be having scans and possible surgery towords the end of the month. 

• Ja59
    Options
    KCFlash said:

Urgent Please

I am still in treatment for GBC - I just finish Gemzar and Cisplatin and I will then be having scans and possible surgery towords the end of the month. 

Immunotherapy

Hi, I did not really understand your message. My address stebakova.tatiana@gmail.com