It is with deep regret that I post the passing our BELOVED Eileen aka CC

Options
2»

Comments

• mjjones453
    mjjones453 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Eileen

i do not post often, but my heart goes out to Eileen's family. She was a great encouragement to many of us. We were blessed to have her share her life with us!

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

Eileen

i do not post often, but my heart goes out to Eileen's family. She was a great encouragement to many of us. We were blessed to have her share her life with us!

I miss her already.

This has really hit me hard.  Loved our CC and her posts were always something to look forward to.  She touched so many lives.  We are indeed fortunate to have had her in our lives.

Suzanne

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Our most fierce warrior

There really are no words sufficient to express my sadness. Eileen was truly our most fierce Pink warrior. She will be missed and remembered by those on this discussion board. May she rest in peace. She leaves a great legacy.

IRENE

• Cindy Bear
    Cindy Bear Member Posts: 569
    Options
    very sad

Ladies, I am deeply saddened to learn of Eileen's passing.. I dont' come to the BC board that often, mostly uterine and ovarian but I am familiar with her posts..and I could tell she was a special lady.. strong, brave, practical. the voice of calm and reason.. It's obvious how much you all loved and admired her. let that be her legacy.. a rich library of information and experience with a bit of humor and hugs thrown in

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options

very sad

Ladies, I am deeply saddened to learn of Eileen's passing.. I dont' come to the BC board that often, mostly uterine and ovarian but I am familiar with her posts..and I could tell she was a special lady.. strong, brave, practical. the voice of calm and reason.. It's obvious how much you all loved and admired her. let that be her legacy.. a rich library of information and experience with a bit of humor and hugs thrown in

Farewell to a True Fighter

Farewell to you Eileen....you fought the fight longer than almost any of us have ever heard of happening with this monster.  I was so afraid that this was coming once you said it had reached your pancreas ...now you are at peace and we all salute your bravery and courage.   Prayers for your Family for strength during this difficult time of loss.   Very sad indeed.

• lintx
    lintx Member Posts: 697
    Options
    GlowMore said:

Farewell to a True Fighter

Farewell to you Eileen....you fought the fight longer than almost any of us have ever heard of happening with this monster.  I was so afraid that this was coming once you said it had reached your pancreas ...now you are at peace and we all salute your bravery and courage.   Prayers for your Family for strength during this difficult time of loss.   Very sad indeed.

Very sad news

She saw her beautiful daughter, Katherine, become engaged and married.  I remember Eileen saying she just wanted to be here for that wonderful event.  She gave us so much wisdom.  I believe she wrote to each new person on this board, myself being one of them.  Her work is done.  Rest peacefully now.  May her family get through this time of grief, one leaning on the other.

• Lilly9
    Lilly9 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    lintx said:

Very sad news

She saw her beautiful daughter, Katherine, become engaged and married.  I remember Eileen saying she just wanted to be here for that wonderful event.  She gave us so much wisdom.  I believe she wrote to each new person on this board, myself being one of them.  Her work is done.  Rest peacefully now.  May her family get through this time of grief, one leaning on the other.

So very sorry to hear this.  

So very sorry to hear this.   I didn't really know Eileen but after reading some of her posts and seeing how well loved she is, somehow I felt involved.   Rest in peace

• tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Oh No

So sad, too soon. xxxx

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Heartbroken...

Our dear Eileen was uniquely special to this group, I believe. I always absolutely trusted - without any doubt - the technical information she shared here, based on her medical professionalism. So helpful. And she was deeply compassionate & caring towards everyone.

Beyond the cancer topic - I think of her as such a joyful person! Loved her family deeply - her funny engineer husband, Danny, always tinkering with something. Her precious daughter, Katherine - followed her mother's footsteps into medicine, Eileen was so proud of her. Little Bella, her sweet granddaughter. Her furkids, her extended family. Nothing, no one, was more important to her than they. She loved nearby New Orleans - for all that wonderful city offers, music, great food. Her native plants garden and the wildlife it attracted - birds, butterflies. Yes, she was a joyful person - with an extraordinarily kind and giving heart.

Though my own heart is broken, along with many others - I keep reminding myself of her joyous nature. And all the lives she touched, leaving an indelible imprint. Beyond her family & friends, coworkers, and all of us here - her pink sisters... I think of all the tiny babies born too soon, in need of very special care in order to thrive - she devoted a huge portion of her life to them. An amazing woman, our Cypress Cindy.

Sending thoughts & prayers for comfort - for all who are hurting. I will always miss Eileen, and always remember her.

Kind regards, Susan

• GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

Heartbroken...

Our dear Eileen was uniquely special to this group, I believe. I always absolutely trusted - without any doubt - the technical information she shared here, based on her medical professionalism. So helpful. And she was deeply compassionate & caring towards everyone.

Beyond the cancer topic - I think of her as such a joyful person! Loved her family deeply - her funny engineer husband, Danny, always tinkering with something. Her precious daughter, Katherine - followed her mother's footsteps into medicine, Eileen was so proud of her. Little Bella, her sweet granddaughter. Her furkids, her extended family. Nothing, no one, was more important to her than they. She loved nearby New Orleans - for all that wonderful city offers, music, great food. Her native plants garden and the wildlife it attracted - birds, butterflies. Yes, she was a joyful person - with an extraordinarily kind and giving heart.

Though my own heart is broken, along with many others - I keep reminding myself of her joyous nature. And all the lives she touched, leaving an indelible imprint. Beyond her family & friends, coworkers, and all of us here - her pink sisters... I think of all the tiny babies born too soon, in need of very special care in order to thrive - she devoted a huge portion of her life to them. An amazing woman, our Cypress Cindy.

Sending thoughts & prayers for comfort - for all who are hurting. I will always miss Eileen, and always remember her.

Kind regards, Susan

So incredibly saddened~

Eileen~rest in peace~dear sister~♥

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

So incredibly saddened~

Eileen~rest in peace~dear sister~♥

Eileen was a very special

Eileen was a very special lady. She helped me tremendously when my grandson Troy was born prematurely. The family was in a frenzy but Auntie Eileen assured me that Troy would flourish and indeed he flurished. He is now 4 years old and doing all the things kids his age do. RIP you were a wonderful support and very informative to all us gals here at CSN. I'm sorry to lose you but happy you arejno longer suffering. RIP Cypress Cynthia. Innocent

• jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    natly15 said:

Eileen was a very special

Eileen was a very special lady. She helped me tremendously when my grandson Troy was born prematurely. The family was in a frenzy but Auntie Eileen assured me that Troy would flourish and indeed he flurished. He is now 4 years old and doing all the things kids his age do. RIP you were a wonderful support and very informative to all us gals here at CSN. I'm sorry to lose you but happy you arejno longer suffering. RIP Cypress Cynthia. Innocent

One more Pink Angel...

home at last - at peace.

Love to her family.

Jenny

• mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    cc

hi everyone,,im not on the board very often,but i do check in and i did this morning and so very sorry to see our  dear Eileen(cc)had passed,she was my hope,my inspiration,and my advisor.so very said to hear this.i will be keeping her family and you all in my prayers cause i know she mean‘t so much to so many on the board

• coco2008
    coco2008 Member Posts: 418
    Options
    mollyz said:

cc

hi everyone,,im not on the board very often,but i do check in and i did this morning and so very sorry to see our  dear Eileen(cc)had passed,she was my hope,my inspiration,and my advisor.so very said to hear this.i will be keeping her family and you all in my prayers cause i know she mean‘t so much to so many on the board

She is truely missed.

Prayers to her family.  Her fighting and loving spirit was an inspiration.

Sandy

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    so sorry to

so sorry to hear..

Denise

Thanks for the update

• rutzetta
    rutzetta Member Posts: 174
    Options
    CC

it has taken some time for me to accept the end finally happened. But then I picked myself up and thought what would our beloved CC be doing and saying. She is now free from pain and I know she's in a truly wonderful place. Where she is giving her knowledgeable advice and being so helpful, as only our CC can be. She earned her wings, and is soaring and watching over all of us.

Finally I'm so happy we had the chance to meet at our So-Cal reunion in San Juan Capistrano! It lets you know how precious each one of our lives are with family and friends.

Hugs and prayers to all!

Constance

• SAvent
    SAvent Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Eilleen

Prayers & Condolences to her family & friends. I can see that she will be greatly missed.

She was kind in a few posts when I arrived here but unfortunately didnt have an opportunity to get to know her as many of you have.

will light a candle for her

• Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    Sad day indeed

Kind.

Compassionate.

Knowledgeable.

Upbeat.

Encouraging.

Friend.

Warrior.

Sister.

All are words that come to mind when I think of CC. She was one of the first I met when coming here. Thank you VickiSam for letting us know. Thank you CC for being here and encouraging us along the way. You will be missed.  

Condolences, love and prayers of comfort for her family and friends.

We will miss you, CC.  

• WildernessGirl
    WildernessGirl Member Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Sad day indeed

Kind.

Compassionate.

Knowledgeable.

Upbeat.

Encouraging.

Friend.

Warrior.

Sister.

All are words that come to mind when I think of CC. She was one of the first I met when coming here. Thank you VickiSam for letting us know. Thank you CC for being here and encouraging us along the way. You will be missed.  

Condolences, love and prayers of comfort for her family and friends.

We will miss you, CC.  

CC

Haven't been on for a while but checking posts today.  So incredibly sad.  Eileen was an inspiration to me.  When I first found out I had breast cancer almost a year ago.  She was very supportive, knowledgeable, kind and uplifting.  I will miss her.